hi please help !!!!!! 1.8t

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by madchamps, Nov 30, 2011.

1. madchamps New Member

hi guys well im finally old enough to own a gti yeah !!!!
    so i bought a mk4 gti 1.8t but it has a hks bov fitted sounds very nice and looks the bomb but im worryed it might be damaging the engine. plus losing power i only have 150bhp cant lose any lol please help
    for sale hks bov

2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Get rid of it mate and fit a standard, or forge 007.

Good to see another MK4 owner :thumbup:

Also, if its not been done, fit a performance panel filter. Ive got a jetex one in mine, along with a cold air feed.

Once you have the money, have it remapped by custom code. I had mine done and it turns into a beast :thumbup:

What year is yours mate ?

3. madchamps New Member

thanks for the reply richard its a v plate in silver i absolute love it has 19inch s8 wheels and full black recaro leather thats like new plus this hks valve been googling them they are nearly 200 quid why would some one spend that money on some thing that damages your motor its coming off home much is a standard jobbie the forge one is around 75 i thinks

4. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

:thumbup:

It wont damage your engine, but it will not run correctly with it, especially if it dumps to atmosphere...

Sell the HKS one and buy a standard one. :thumbup:

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

wouldnt even bother with the forge, vw item functioned better than the forge my car came with and the forge one failed. you could could have 4 vw ones fail and still be in pocket against buying a forge.

the piston in my forge one machined itself so it didnt fit and leaked permanently after that