Hornet Maxx alarm, want to quiet the chirps, not silence altogether

Discussion in 'Security' started by Lukey, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Lukey Forum Member

I have a hornet maxx alarm, I think its maxx 1, the arm/disarm chirps are really loud and I want to make them quieter, but the manual only says you can turn the sounds on or off, is there a way I can make it quieter with a resistor or capacitor or something in-line to the siren?

Or as an alternative I found what looked like an optional add-on list which had an option that said something like capacitor to shorten the pulse duration of chirps, this reads to me like it would make it so they would be just really quick bips?

Are either of these possible?

Cheers

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

there will be a black/white wire on the back of the siren that would have been cut
    re join that and the chirps will then be quieter

3. Lukey Forum Member

Hi mate, I've had a look at the siren and there isn't this wire on the siren, I've taken pics for you to see what siren it is

I also took the cover off to see if there was a wire loop like you said and couldn't find one inside either

Cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

ah thats the later version siren so unfortunately the only thing you can do is reprogram the alarm for silent arm/disarm
    alternatively you can just use the remote manually to silent arm/disarm
    this should be explained in the user manual
    also to reprogram the siren chirps you WILL need the 4digit pin code to access the programming menu

5. Lukey Forum Member

Yea I've been doing that if I was in an area I didn't want the loud chirps sounding, and yea I have the booklet with my pin and the table of reprogramming options.

I jut wanted to see if there was a way to quiet them down permanently, cheers for tHe confirmation either way :)