HOW do i? - Install a 1.9tdi mk3 engine into a Jetta mk2?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by G4Z-Mk216V, Jun 2, 2011.

1. G4Z-Mk216V Forum Member

It is a possibility that we are going to break my fathers mk3 golf tdi. Engine is solid, so worth me keeping.

I am completely new to attempt this conversion, if anyone has done one before on here, do you have a link?

Otherwise, how do i go about it? Would like to keep the mk2 clocks preff. Fuse box change? i presume mk3 diesel tank? Heard that possible to engine mixes well with mk2 gtd pieces?

Also heard of a possible turbo kit for the 1.9tdi engine. making near 200bhp..

thanks in advance.

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

3. m1keh Forum Member

Pretty much a straight bolt in, as you have both cars just swap it all over. Is Jetta mk2 ce2 fusebox too? If it is then even easier.

For a real 200hp will see you needing, turbo either a hybrided pd150 turbo and modded rear enginge mount probably adds up to 1000 for this option or a manifold and gtb2056vk from ryanp which will add up to 2000+. On top of that you will need injector nozzles and fitting of them about 350. Then add a tune 300ish for a custom tune that you'll need for these options.

But the mk3 engine with just a chip tune will be nippy in a Jetta.