How I killed my company car...

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by montythemole, Aug 5, 2005.

1. montythemole Forum Member

Well since I just found these pics on my PC thought I'd stick these up.

Was turning right at a T junction, waiting in refuge in the middle of road, saw a bedford rascal coming towards me and behind that a Nova, gap looked ok, checked my mirrors, went for it, wasn't big enough and he just caught my rear qtr (no attempt at breaking).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking back I think the Nova was going a lot faster than the Rascal and in the time it took me to check and decide to go the gap was still getting smaller. Stilll me fault though and the Police asked me to attend one of them driver awareness schemes.

Car was write-off, cost of all them airbags I reckon.

If you look at the drivers side pic you can see the shape on the square 'keep left' bollard that I took out whilst sliding down the road.

Company weren't pleased (especially as they just paid out for full service and tyres). I often drive a bit reckless and figured it would be whilst doing so I'd have an accident. Turns it was when I was driving carefully and normally (had a very senior 60year old engineer in car so wouldn't dare drive like a tw&t).

2. jjarvis Forum Junkie

Good effort:clap:

3. G-Man Forum Junkie

At least the lack of airbags on a mk2 means that's one thing less on the list able to write it off! [:s]

4. danmoody Forum Member

kill the pug :lol:.

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

yeah did a favor :lol: :lol: ;)