How many ncb do you...

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by LregG, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

lose if you claim because your car caught fire due to an electrical problem??

I ask as my lodger hasn't insured a car for a year and a half after the above and is wondering what to put on gocompare, she had 8 years before said fire so i'm thinking you lose 2 years ncb so told her to put 6 years....is this right??

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. m1keh Forum Member

You need to ask the old insurance company for a letter of proof of no claims. That's the only way to make it certain...

3. Chrisrpal Events Team

I was told if you don't have a car insured for two years then you LOSE all your NCB's. Bummer!! [8(]

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Shop around ^^ Depends on the company. A lot of classic companies don't really use a formal 'no claims' discount.

5. G-Man Forum Junkie

I read the above that she basically had 8 years NCB originally then made a claim on her insurance? On that simple basis I always thought if you put in a claim yourself you're basically giving up any NCB you have on that policy unless it was protected?