how much bhp i am likelty to gain, i have a standard 87 gti dx cabby?

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by bricky1, Sep 20, 2011.

1. bricky1 New Member

hi just wondering what your thoughts on how much bhp i am likelty to gain, i have a standard 87 gti dx cabby. i have gathered the following parts, tsr pack a head, tsr 202 cam and vernier pulley, ashley four branch manifold and k and n panel air filter
    thx

2. Alpenweiss2 Forum Member

Hi Mate!

My 1991 8 valve gti is running a rebuilt DX bottom end with a gas flowed stage 1 PB head. I am also running a Kent GS2H camshaft. Both the VW manifolds have been flowed as well. My car is also running a K&N panel filter.

My car was set up at Stealth on their rolling road and puts out 132 BHP. They also told me it should gain more power over time as the rebuilt bottom end loosened up!

I guess that with a stainless 4 branch manifold you may get a bit more power. Your set up sounds similar to mine although with a different cam. I would definately recommend taking the car to somewhere like Stealth to have it properly set up
    Hope that helps.

Alpenweiss2 :)

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

^^Or he could take it to TSR;).

4. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Recommending another company in a sponsors forum is not the best idea matey.

5. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Being that he's using TSR parts... surely TSR would be the best to set it up?

6. bricky1 New Member

bhp

a guy i know whos **** hot with all golfs is gunna fit all the parts for me, when i get round to it lol. i was just wondering what to expect and i like what im hearing
    thx guys