How reliable are mytyres.co.uk?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by diggerbucket, Apr 1, 2004.

1. diggerbucket Forum Member

Is this the place that some people have had problems with?

I want some Toyo Proxes T1-S, and can afford to wait a while but don't want to be waiting for weeks and weeks.

Any opinions?

2. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Less than a week for my four Michelins :thumbup:

3. PaulM Forum Member

very good, just check they can deliver to your house. mine had to go to my work.

4. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

found www.topgear.co.uk were 28 cheaper per set of eagle F1's...

39 per tyre inc vat and delivery (195/50 R15)
    Edited by: gbolton

5. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

mytyres can be ok, sometimes not so goood

toyo proxies i have found them to be useless with!

6. c8hau New Member

Bought 4 toyo proxes at 44 a corner delivered! took 4 working days to come, I am really happy with them! they were for 205/50/15's by the way. [:D]

7. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

The courier who delivered the tyres said it was from abroad that they had came from and studying invoice it could be Germany?
    Would be good to cut out the middlemen.

8. Admin Guest

top gear they seem a bit pricy for the toyos i want. but they are the rubber band tyoes! 195/40s on 16s

9. AMY

Amy Forum Member

i just got 2 toyos from mytyres, took 4 days :)

10. Ordered two tyres from mytyres.

Took then three days to sort out my address so that the credit card company would accept it, then a week to deliver the tyres.

They are very very cheap for Dunlop Sport 01s...

Simon.

11. Admin Guest

why do they not recognise the address you put in on the sheet, so then email you, you give the same address and that's ok?

hoping to have some tyres by the 30th..they best come.

12. Beacuse they are a German compnay, and hence their system that does the order processing expects the addresses to be in the German format. So when it presents it to the credit card company, the authorisation fails.

If they manually enter it it works. Interestingly Switch works first time, but Visa and Mastercard have to go round to loop.

Slightly more deviously it also checks that you have a working email account (less fraud)

Simon.

13. Had no probs with my proxies from mytyres.

Had to laugh when they turned up. Huge fekkin box van with four tyres in the back and nothing else. :lol:

14. Admin Guest

germany you say, kne wit was a european country , i thought it was sweden for some reason, but all the emails came from glasgow. sorted now. be interesting to see if they come from abroad or from toyos head office just up the road from me?

15. Admin Guest

whoot! they came a day early! and from hanover in germany!

16. altern8 Forum Junkie

they do come from germany sayes on the invoice and mine 195-50-15s too about a week 1/2 to arrive :) 60 for 2 deliverted

17. edc1 Forum Member

Won't get them as cheap then. They have no shop, low overheads, low staffing and buy in bulk.