How to set up usb lead with VCDS

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by 1982.rpd, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Hi, Just got my cheapo OB lead through for VCDS must be the lite version as it was free. Drivers are installed for the lead and it is saying Rosstech usb interface not found and usb library intertface not found?? Is there a certain way to configure the lead? Thanks

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

Have you set up the port to use 9600 bits per second? It should be in the device manager settings in Windows.

3. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Hi Mike, I wouldn't have a clue how to do that, just sent to device manager and USB and its like looking at the matrix to me mate lol

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Google 'VCDS USB Lead settings' or 'VACGOM USB Lead settings' and you'll find a thread on another site with a load of screen shots in it. That'll probably help you. I find that googling stuff is a good first step with IT problems, as there's almost always someone who's had the same problem before.

5. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Will do cheers Mike!

6. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Had a look online got it to the same port, now saying pork status ok interface not found, it's clicking away connected to the car but not finding interface :s looked it up on google and I don't understand what anyone's talking about on other forums lol it's like they keep going off topic lol

7. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Could it be that I'm not using lite version I think the version i have is 11.11

8. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Yep it was because I wasn't using lite lol all sorted now and no fault codes!

9. Mike_H Forum Addict

You already figured it out... the cheaper cables only run with the older 'lite' version of the software.

10. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Yep all good now cheers mate