I hate Kenwood!

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Tubthumped, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

[:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x]

Got my KDC-M 7024 today and it wont work.

It powers on (can hear the CD player 'buzz') but then it oes nothing past that... if i remove the front panel the red security LED flashes.. but it just won't turn on and play.

Please help... doing my head in! [:^(]

2. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

have you checked all the wires? make sure they are all properly connected, and also check your earth wire,

make sure it makes good contact to the body work, if it is hard to check that, make another earth for it,

tim

3. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Not checked all the cars wires as it powers up to that stage and my old Sony worked fine...

Will check in a bit though, make sure.

4. nuggo New Member

ah thats Kenwood for ya! :lol:

5. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

ive always thought kenwood was a decent brand? but i havent owned any thing made by them,

so what would i know!

tim

6. MrBen Forum Junkie

From memory, I think Kenwood and Sony have the switched and perm power feeds the other way round? Though should still work, just not retain memory etc. Is anything showing on the display?

7. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

I`ll second that, had one, never again though [:x]

8. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I've never had one becasue i don't like them... now i know why i don't like them! :lol:

9. superflygti Forum Member

always buy Sony.

10. diggerbucket Forum Member

Hmm, I think I'd choose Kenwood over Sony for head units.

11. sprintstar Forum Member

I'd choose no head unit over having to have a Sony one

12. paulgti16v Forum Member

kenwood & sony are both cr*p ;)

13. GTi_8v Forum Member

Each to their own, i suppose.

Had my first Kenwood in now for 3 months and still love it. Went in easy, sounds good and looks the part!

14. HEARDY Forum Member

As MRBEN says make sure power is connected correctly!! I've never had any problems in the past when fitting kenwood stereo's and i've fitted quite a few.

15. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

i choose pioneer over them,

but i would rather have a kenwood than a sony,

tim

16. VR6Will Forum Member

ALPINE everytime!!

but yeah sounds like the permanent live and ignition are round the wrong way!

17. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Alpine are my top choice..
    Followed by Sony..

But i got my Kenwood sorted today, and it's very doog.

Sound isn't as good as my half the price Sony though....

If you want me to get all technical i can, thanks to my frequency response computer software... but that used for multi thousand pund PA sytems....... might be a bit overkill in car ;)

18. superden Forum Addict

I used to work in a car audio store and it always amazed me how snobby people got about their head units.

I had Alpines until the last one gave up and I bought a Kenwood. I have no complaints at all :)

The only units I wouldnt buy are Sony, they just look sh*t [:[]

19. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

see the reason i buy sony is because they are cheap, simple effective and look nice

the one i have in mine plays cd's well, give decent quality, was cheap as chips - and fits in with the old school car

20. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

And i know where you got it from! (what a pointless statment! :lol: )

IMO Sony works... it's never that flash, but it sounds better than a lot of more expensive HU's and is so reliable it's untrue.