I have 4 fault codes come up on my vagcom

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by Stumeistersdub, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Stumeistersdub New Member

Just received my vagcom today and was surprised to have 4 fault codes come up on my engine [:s]
    First was
    17748-oil pick up pipe or cam sensor, engine speed sensor isn't that the same thing?

17704- temp sensor which I know is a bit dodgy

17608-boost control valve faulty or diverter valve

17705-leaking hoses between components-do I just get silicone?? Boost control control valve faulty- or throttle body dirty- surely I haven't got to replace all of these items??

I mean the car has done 134k and drives absolutely faultless that's why I'm shocked at these codes but I'm glad i have checked now or it could be catastrophic and surely cost a few quid!

2. Steve123 Forum Member

Off topic mate sorry, but how much is vagcom?

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

Can you put up the complete description of the code? I don't remember them by numbers

4. Stumeistersdub New Member

I got it off ebay for 20 steve get one it will save you a few quid it's an excellent buy!!

Matt Go on Ross-tech.com and type in each code and it will give you a full description of the faults to save me typing it all out mate!

5. steve r

steve r Forum Member

So you come on here asking for help but want matt to spend his time searching through the ross tech site to find out what each of your codes means to save you some typing...............[:[]

If this is is the first time you have run vagcom on your car then i would recommend saving the results of the scan, delete the codes and re-run the scan after a few days driving to see which ones come back, they may be old faults that haven't been cleared.

6. Stumeistersdub New Member

No sorry just thought it would be easier that way incase I left off any information I don't wan't to take up anyone's time!

I will try what you said thanks

7. jasongtr Forum Member

personally i wouldnt bother with an ebay lead they only read a few codes in comparison to what a genuine ross tech lead will do, i have just scanned someones R32 for them as his ebay special doesnt work properly, he said his lead only has about 3 or 4 pins in the plug where my genuine one is fully populated

8. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Only has K line and No CAN H/L

You need CAN for EOBD vehicles.

9. Stumeistersdub New Member

Well I deleted the codes tonight and will run it for a few days and and then plug it in again and see what,it comes up with!!