I met Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealers On Discovery Turbo on Bank Holiday Monday

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chrisrpal, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Chrisrpal Events Team

I met Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealers On Discovery Turbo on Monday - what a nice guy he is. I have a picture of him standing next to my abf'd MK2 golf at Bexhill On Sea Car show that was on Bank Holiday Monday. That was icing on the cake for me!!!! [:D]

I will upload pictures today hopefully :thumbup:

I asked him if he is going to do a MK2 golf on wheeler dealers, he said the TV channel won't let him, however if we bombard him with facebook requests then the TV channel might change their mind lol

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. TJ2727 Forum Member

Mike strikes me as a good chap and is clearly excited about the work he and Edd do. I enjoy watching Wheeler Dealer and Battle Machines was good too.

It is a shame they don’t let him do a mk2 as these really are “modern” classics these days. I think it would be fun to watch Mike turn up with a non running mk2 AND a rusty mk3 16v and suggest to Edd they do the classic engine swap with his classic line

“Should be relatively straightforward”

3. D4LFR Forum Member

is it just me or does Edd get the ****ty end of the stick all the time lol

4. Chrisrpal Events Team

5. PeeJay Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

I assume you wern't wanting to post this one.

[​IMG]

6. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Good to see he's back down to his pre-US Series of WD weight!

he used to wind me right up, but he's mellowed over the last few series, I kind of liken him to Westwood now, the character is very over the top, but the man behind is pretty likeable.

New series next week isn't it?

7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I hope he doesn't do a Mk2 on wheeler dealers. Ed really had no idea when he done the Mk1. He binned VDOs and got crappy aftermarket ones!

8. Chrisrpal Events Team

For some reason my internet explorer doesn't like clubgti website so dosen't work all the time nor does it show up the pages/ links etc...

I hope you can view the picture, my internet at work won't let me post this link onto attached photo's. Maybe I am doing something wrong... dunno [:s]

9. Chrisrpal Events Team

The guy is nice to speak too and he didn't say no to having his picture taken like most TV stars probably would.

He shook my hand and said "Nice motor" so was well happy after all the hard work in restoring my MK2 with an abf'd engine in!!

10. Chrisrpal Events Team

That is true but you don't know what the TV channel told them to do as they are the bosses at the end of the day!!

11. Chrisrpal Events Team

Ye edd always gets the cr*ppy jobs lol

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

As much as i hate Morgans, that was by far and away the best episode of the last series.

Looking forward to new series. Next week did someone say?

Ahh, just seen this:

On TV
    Wheeler Dealers USA starts in September, below are the show dates.

Dodge Charger Tues 27th September
    Delorean Tues 4th October
    Chevy Pick Up Tuesday 11th October
    Karmann Ghia Tuesday 18th October
    Chevy Bel Air Tuesday 25th October

13. TJ2727 Forum Member

They have been on before, really enjoyed them, the Chevy Pick Up is really nice when they finish, I did start looking on the web for one juts for a look, mind you :)

14. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I used to hate Mike Brewer, but I've been watching the recent Wheeler Dealers and they've been quite good, so that I've actually gone back and watched the earlier ones.

They also did the Wheeler Dealers: Revisited recently where they found the cars they've sold on and found out what's happened to them.

I like that Edd's listed in the show's credits as being a presenter, the same as Mike and it's some other guy who's the mechanic lol

According to Wiki they start again on the 18th Sept, no idea what channel though! Discovery Turbo?

"Second part of Series 9 starts September 18th, 2012 and will feature Jaguar Mk2, BMW Isetta, 1944 Willys Jeep, 1948 VW Beetle and Gardner Douglas AC Cobra[11]."

15. Phil. Forum Junkie

I do like the show but I've never seen 2 fells get so excited over loosing money lol.

16. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

17. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

..............i know,if they were doing it for real they would have been out of buisness years ago.

18. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

To be fair, I have loads of old editions of "Custom Car" and the like, and Edd used to build some mad cars - like the sofa with a coffee table, all based on Mini running gear. Tv on the table and all. He stuck the tax disc in the corner of the TV screen! Apparently (before the days of strict MoT testing, this must be 20 years ago) - the tester passed it with one caveat - "I never, ever, eant you to drive that on a public road. Promise?"
    Cue pics of the guy hooning it down the road for the camera...lollollol

19. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

20. Chrisrpal Events Team

Thanks for posting up the picture correctly. My internet explorer blocks all images on clubgti.

No worries re- the petrol cap, that is on another thread on clubgti. I had that custom airbrushed a while ago. Had alot of comments about it at the car show.