ICE installers in London besides CAS

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by thegave, Sep 26, 2009.

1. thegave Forum Member

To be honest I feel like Car Audio Security is a bit pretentious I went to them with my interference problem and asked them to test my amp, which they refused to do without seeing my receipt, which of course I don't carry in the car...

Then I asked if they could have a look at the whole setup and see if they could sort out the interference and they again pointedly said no, because they didn't set the system up or install the wiring.

The whole thing frankly left a bitter taste in my mouth, so now I'm looking for another respectable or at least well-recommended place that can check and hopefully fix the interference which is driving me straaaight up the wall.

Preferably a little closer to The City.

2. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

I used to do sound installs.

Do a few basic checks.

- Make sure your phono cables are not running alongside power cables or the fuse box etc.
    - Make sure your amp isn't bolted down directly to metal. Mount it to some MDF then screw the MDF down separately.

What amp/speakers/headunit are you using?

Gurds

3. thegave Forum Member

I've done all the basic checks (earth, phono) my original troubleshooting thread is here.

It's a Vibe Blackbox 4 channel wired to Kenwood 6x9s and Rockford 5.25s the interference is in all of them.

Interesting point about mounting to metal, does that cause interference? It's bolted to the back bench at the moment but it sits across two thin metal rods that support the backrest if that makes sense. Could that cause it?

Ok well I unmounted it and it's still whistling... So would you Gurds or someone you know like to take a look at it?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  4. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Normally I would take a look but I really haven't got the time/space at the mo. Sorry.

Gurds

5. thegave Forum Member

You don't have any friends or know shops you can recommend? =(

Anyone else? Seriously, with customer service like that CAS must have ticked other people off...