if you are "young" best avoid peter best

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by M7R, Apr 17, 2012.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Been on the phone this morning as the daily is due end of the month, im 26, 9 years no cliams, civil servant, 2 other cars I drive and wanting 20k millage a year with 5k for business and the wife on the policy too (shes 28)

most places were sub 500 on the mk4 which isnt too bad as its not highly modded but it is a sport, so about as rare as hens teeth!

sadly peter best said to them I am still classed as a "young driver" and their best price was over 2k! I nearly fell off my chair! :lol: (footman james didn't doo much better as was to be expected as I amsure they don't like me... they were 1200+)

hopefully when I am a bit older - :lol: - PB will be the ones to go with, untill then I will keep trying for a laugh

2. Gravs New Member

Wow, and I thought at 23 I was close to escaping the 'young driver' specification :(

3. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

nope sadly not...it used to be you got to 21 and dropped a bit then 25 it dropped more... where as now its more you stand still sadly.

Mine has dropped a bit but I am still paying just shy of 1000 for both cars each year, if I did less miles in the daily or the mk2 didn't have a mod list as long as my arm I would be better off, but work and back is a 60 mile + round trip each day, and the mk2 could have less mods... but it wouldn't be as much fun!

4. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Why do you need business mileage if you're only commuting in the car?

5. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

My dad called VW insurance about adding me to his policy last week on the Van (T5 174bhp)

For me currently at the age of 24, 469 :o
    In 2 months time when i am 25, 49:lol:[:x]

6. G-Man Forum Junkie

Brentacre are the only one's who quote me happy with my mileage of 25k a year and unlimited business miles; everywhere else don't really want to know!

7. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I work most of the time in the office, but some time we witness the testing at customers places, hence the need for business mines,

8. samfish

samfish Forum Member

HIC - good

edit wrong post.