IHI Banjo bolt help

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Dclarke, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Dclarke Forum Member

Afternoon chaps, I'm after some help if poss.

Below is a pic of the banjo bolt that holds the oil feed line to my Jabbasport IHI turbo. When hot the washers allow oil misting to spray onto the turbo. The shoulder on the bolt looks like it's been bottoming out in turbo so it can't be nipped up a bit more. Thicker washers may be needed.

My question is, where can I get IHI parts and any thoughts or anything obviously wrong with the attached pic?. Jabbasport haven't answered their phones for over a week:thumbd: .

I'd be really grateful for any help/direction on this,

[​IMG]

2. vwp6n Forum Member

Looks identical to the bolt I removed from my car a few weeks back, possible issue with the crush washers as mentioned.

Spares wise, I struggled to find anyone that done any replacement bolts etc, I ended up getting a local machine shop to make one for me.

Have you tried earls performance for a new bolt?

Dclarke likes this.
  3. Dclarke Forum Member

Cheers for that, earls is a good shout so will get on to them Monday morning. Are you running an IHI too or is it more VAG type of banjo that yours is from? I'd be chuffed if I could find one from the VAG parts bin.

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Dclarke,

IHI turbos are also used on Subaru's and Toyota 1J/2JZGTE twin turbo and the Starlet GT/Glanza w/4EFTE production.

This would give you more options to look for fittings like these

5. Dclarke Forum Member

Your a gent and a legend, many thanks, thats really useful and helps massively. I'll let you know how I get on in a few days when a new one is in hand (hopefully!) Cheers again guys.

6. vwp6n Forum Member

My car runs an IHI VF34 setup.

As toyotec mentioned above Subaru's are one of the main manufacturers that run those turbos, am sure if you went to a dealer you would get one no problem.

The problem i had with local suppliers was the step on the banjo bolt from 14mm shank down to M12x1.25mm.

Hope you manage to get one :thumbup:

7. Dclarke Forum Member

Thats great, thanks for that and another option to add to the list of possibles. Should have some news to update in a few days.

8. Dclarke Forum Member

Jabbasport came good in the end and sent me one of these. The overall length is slightly shorter so the shank/shoulder sits a little higher meaning I can now get that extra half a turn on it I need to stop the oil weep. Interesting they supplied ali washers instead of copper ones. Just trying to fit the thing now, very tight around the turbo manifold area, not a big fan of their set up but works well. Thanks again for everyones help.

[​IMG]