immobiliser certificate for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by steve r, Jul 8, 2004.

1. steve r

steve r Forum Member

i took out a fuct clifford concept 50 from my car and fitted in its place a fully working toad touch key immobiliser that i removed from another car,

i've soldered in all the connections for the immobiliser at the same places the old clifford used, taped over them and the immobilsier works fine, but i need a certificate for the insurance, can i take it along to a place that fits alarms, get them to check it out and they will issue me with a certificate?

cheers

steve
    Edited by: steve r

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

yup! but some will charge around 50 [:s]

3. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

ouch [:^(]

4. steve r

steve r Forum Member

found a place near me that can do it for 35 + vat, they say it takes about an hour to do the full check so i guess its not too bad,

still more than i'd like to pay though.

5. Jetta Forum Junkie

Where abouts are you? My local Clifford fitters charge 35 but the local Toad fitter charges 20 iirc, was going to get the concept 600 I fitted done but when I insured the car they didnt want proof [:s]

6. steve r

steve r Forum Member

i live in maidenhead berkshire, you?

i went on the toad site and did a search for the nearest dealers,

your insurance company might not want proof now, but if the car gets stolen they will............

7. jokermunro New Member

i had this years ago, bought a car and there was no immobiliser certificate so i took the car to my local alarm fitters (not a big franchise or anything) and he had the car for an hour signed the certificate and sent it to my insurers for me, its worth it for piece of mind and a small discount on your insurance in my opinion. bearing in mind this was about 5 years ago it only cost me 15
    Edited by: jokermunro