injector question {ms1 } fuel economy

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Tomo IOW, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Tomo IOW Forum Member

hi, was wondering if i could use the standerd injectors instead of my green 440cc injectors as im not aiming now for huge bhp now . i know my mate in his mk4 gti had a revo map done on his standerd injectors that drove fine after that . i have these sitting around from the agu engine ,when i sourced the injector rail manifold. was thinking of ways to get some fuel economy back as 30 every 3 days is a killa lol. would i have to change any settings in megasquirt ? like injectors opening times or is it a full remap of the ve1 table or both ?

cheers

tom

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

You should be able to improve fuel economy if you tune the fuel leaner on cruise and idle. Easy to do if you have a wideband gauge.

Changing injectors would need a rescale and fine tune again. Have you not tweaked your map at all for this? Did you not know your ms map constantly evolves? ;)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  3. Tomo IOW Forum Member

yeah i have tweeked as much as i can,havnt had the chance to get to toyotec on the rollers yet ,but my target bhp is high and i feel 440cc is to big injector size. the agu injector is 270 cc/min so surly that will help with fuel economy ,must do . ,

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Your target hp has nothing to do with economy unless you can't get good resolution at low engine speeds. Mine are 440cc and are ok on idle and cruise.

Bosch greens may not be the best spray pattern for your engine.

What are your AFR's? Idle and cruise?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  5. Tomo IOW Forum Member

erm around 14/15 at idle. 14.6 to bout .9 cruising at 30/40 mph . so i take it then even tho 440 cc and flow more fuel , to get the 440cc you would have to run them at 100% ,less economy ,. but if im running them at say 40 % ,im only allowing that amount of fuel threw, is that how that works ?

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Yes. They arent flowing that much fuel all they time. You may be able to tune your accel enrichment to use less fuel. You need to datalog or use tunerstudio and tweak it so it fills the lean spike and not over shoot too much fuel.