Injectors and Manifolds (KR)!!

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Aidy, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Aidy New Member

I am rebuilding a 1.8 16v KR engine to go back into a mk 1, i have the manifolds off to clean them up, they are very black inside, whats the best way of cleaning them??? and should i get them gas flowed?? if so how much would this cost roughly??? will get the 4 into 1 BRM (i think, it came with car) exhaust manifold done aswell??!!

I have finally got the brass injector seats out the inlet manifold, (easy once you have found someone who sells a 13mm allen key!!) and was wondering where to go for new ones and how much they cost??

I am also putting new injectors back in as well, should i fit standard ones (been quoted 25 ea from GSF) or should i be putting uprated ones in, the rest of engine is in standard form though..... will need the fuel lines to go on the injectors how much would they set me back???

Thanx for your time

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Who sells the 13mm allen key?

3. Aidy New Member

I typed 13mm allen key in google it came up with justoffBase.co.uk, the draper 13mm allen key was 3.24 but with VAT and postage it works out 8 something, makes the job so easy though. Ordered it sunday it arrived tuesday, never used them before but can't complain at the service i got. :)