Injectors for G60 - Red tops vs Green @ 206bhp

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Riley, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Hi people:)

What are the specs of the corrado g60 standard injectors?

I beleieve they are 250cc @ 3bar and 14ohms? Is this correct?

Ive just fitted some 12ohms 350cc @ 3bar red tops from a saab turbo.
    [​IMG]

Just wondered if anyone could see a problem between the 2 sets of specs?

12ohms a problem? 350cc too big?
    Im quite sure that because i haven't had the chip remapped to suit the injectors, that they will only perform at the same parameters as the standard green tops?

The car does feel a little more lively low doen on part throttle, and its throwing the odd flame on gear change.
    Its not putting out black smoke, and its not stinking of fuel.
    The car made 206 brake horse before the red tops, so i believe the greens are probably struggling to cope anyway?

My 3+ year running problem is still there though (intermittently popping in the inlet manifold on throttle)

Cheers,Neil.:)

2. moretorque Forum Member

It will run richer than standard because the ecu will still hold the injectors open for the same period of time as the greens,but in that same time span more fuel will come out because of the higher flow rate of these injectors.
    Its possible that the lambda will compensate at some degree under conditions when the ecu runs in close loop mode?!?!...
    At WOT it might help you out as your car is putting out very good power and the greens were probably static when running at full bore but new injectors ideally should be used with a specific chip in mind,or a remap,standalone etc etc.

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

neil do you wana borrow a red chip to see how it goes?

4. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Cheers guys...I wondered if the lambda would try correct things a bit:thumbup: Its definately not running obscenely rich or anything though, so i may leave them in for now...Coming off the road soon anyway.

Steve, Ive recently tried a mates brand new chip from gwerks (Darren wrote it himself) not for red tops though, and the problem is still there.

It may well be worth trying your red top chip, what do we think?...thanks for offering mate [:D]
    What spec is it written for? Im runniong 68mm pully/decat/ported t-body/cossie intercooler etc...

Thanks,Neil.

5. pigbladder Forum Addict

its for a 68mm ,red inj , front ic , and decat zaust...otherwise std inc std fpr

i can post it up to you as long as i get it back after youve had a play...or sort something out if you like it

6. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

What sort of money would you want for it mate?...Just asking incase my car kills it or sommet:lol: [8(]

Would be extremely careful with it meself, and of course send it back if need be etc etc.

Neil.

7. pigbladder Forum Addict

erm i dunno really what a 2nd hand one is worth ...maybe 35 ish ?

cant see you busting it tbh...its what your car should have so at least youd be able to tell how it drives

are you running the the std 3bar fpr still?

8. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Aye, standard 3bar fpr :thumbup:

The only thing im unsure about is the different spec of different red tops...im sure most are rated at 300cc and 14ohms...Ford motorsport that are normally used i think?

Still worth a go i suppose though...Im replacing every part on the car for the fourth time now:lol:

Will throw you a pm after been to the park with the kids (while its dry!)

Cheers mate.

Neil.

9. pigbladder Forum Addict

got your pm neil....i'll get it on its way sometime this week

your pm box is full

10. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Thanks again mate:thumbup:

Pm box emptied...

Neil.

11. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Should be 16ohm as standard and you`ll get away with 12ohm injectors ok. The Digi 1 will trim excess fuel in closed loop but as soon as you go WOT it`ll just drive them off the fuel map and overfuel the car. Pigbladders chip is your best option with some Wideband datalogging or a rolling road run to check the fueling.

12. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Cheers Keith:)