Innovate o2 sensor replacment

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Tomo IOW, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Tomo IOW Forum Member

so after re'installing a switch and led blinker ,plus the guage for my afr . it gave me an 8 led flashing sequence . this from innovate manual said my sensor has failed . the sensor is a bosch 5 wire sensor. Shall i order a normal o2 sensor from a mk4 gti turbo from my local parts store ? as im guessing the gti is running a wide band sensor for the turbo aswell

2. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

5 wire is wideband. If you have an LC2, you can and should use the later LSU4.9 Bosch sensor.
    If it's an LC1, the LSU4.2 will definitely work, not sure if they were compatible with the LSU4.9.

3. Tomo IOW Forum Member

i have the lc1 controller, was looking into the two sensors and the lsu/4.9 has a different connector to the lc1 controller. 4.2 it is :) , just hope my parts factor can search for a lsu4.2

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The sensor characteristic is different in the LSU 4.9. LSU 4.9 sensors will have a different control box.

LSU4.2 sensors are standard parts found fitted to EOBD VW/Audi vehicles or those fitted with a ME7.5.
    I paid 60+ vat for one at ECP.

5. Tomo IOW Forum Member

Ok so got a a new O2 sensor in , still the same the lc1 controller is still throwing out a 8 blip error code , it worked then didn't work . My afr was reading random afr , jumping all over the place , . Anyway the car is still kangarooing as you accelerate 1000 ,2000 rpm . I havnt done a service in ages so fuel and spark plugs , dizzy , etc will be done and see what happens

6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Needs to have a fettle given your explanation.

7. Tomo IOW Forum Member

had a fiddle last week,and turns out the injector wiring was hanging on by a couple of strains. Re-solded and the symptoms have gone :) , still have a knackerd innovate controller . a new o2 sensor and still the same 8 blip error code. time for an upgrade to lc2 kit i think

8. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Saw a post on Facebook with a chance to win one
    Just need 20 shares