Installing Water Fed Pole in a Van??

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Gareth83, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

My mate has bought a water fed pole system for his window cleaning business and we're looking to install it in a Peugeot Expert.

It's a 400l system so we need a few pointers:

[​IMG]

What sort of brackets will it require? Can we not use some kind of cargo lash ratchet strap? It will weigh 400kg once full so it will need to be sturdy. There are two hooks on the van either side of the doors....

Or maybe create a boundary of big timber to stop it sliding?

It will run off a leisure battery, how do you connect these up? Do they connect to the main battery or do you remove them when empty to charge? iT has a max current of 10Amp but has a typical running current of 2-3 Amp.

2. m1keh Forum Member

A 400kg tank of water wants firmly fixing, the two van hooks and ratchet straps aren't really the most adequate of things. You don't want that thing moving in a crash, life only comes once, proper fixing won't cost too much.

You want some kind of frame mounted round it and bolted to the floor, like this http://www.grippatank.co.uk/400-Litre-Water-Tank-Fitting-Kits.html
    probably make it yourself for less though. Then where you bolt it through the floor you want load spreader plates to make sure it doesn't rip out.

As for charging you want a split charge system with a split charge diode block or similar. Explained fairly well here.
    http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/Sund001/SplitCharge01.htm

3. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Put it on its end against the bulkhead and box it in with wood. Thats what all the detailing boys do.

4. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

got any pics of that mat?

5. prof Forum Addict

i'd use a proper kit, or you may have issues with insurance

6. Raider Forum Member

7. Admin Guest

Surely you mean mobile car washers?

but i agree, I would be making a frame and attaching it to the bulkhead. wouldn't want 400kg sloshing about

8. ukwindowcleaner New Member

I would recommend not building your own window cage for a window cleaning tank. you want to buy from a reputable company with crash tested certificates. having that much weight in the back in the event of a crash can literally go flying straight through from the back of the van through the front and you do not want to be in that situation. your life if worth more than saving a couple quid! as for what equipment to use, we use the water fed poles from https://wfp.co.uk/ just like 99% of window cleaners in the UK. there are other pole suppliers but these guys have the best prices. once again. stay safe. - John

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  9. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

2011 FFS.

10. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

AI spam

11. GVK

'they' seem to make more posts then 'real' people!!!

Zender Z20 likes this.
  12. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

There doesn’t seem to be the facility to report a post to moderators? I can’t see one at least.

13. GVK

No , shame that.