Insurance Claim Advice

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by matt989, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mk IV 1.8turbo New Member

If she admits liability then her insurance company probably wont pay as it states in all motor policies that the insured should NOT admit liabliliy on the insurers behalf as 1) they my not be liable for the claim and 2) it f**ks up their chance of subrogation.

Uk motor insurance companies have a "knock for knock" agreement which means if there is a crash involving 2 or more cars then each insurance company will pay for their own insureds damage etc despite who is at fault, so you may only have to pay for the damages to your car?

As suggested earlier - seek legal advice.

Good luck

2. matt989 Forum Member

Update:
    Got a phone call from my insurance comp, they phoned to ask me what my occupation was (dont know why?!?)

I asked what was happening with the claim. Even though id phoned twice and went over the crash twice they still got the details wrong! They had only taken the details of the fiesta and that I had went into the back of him.[:x] Once I sorted that out the woman seemed to think I would be able to claim from the audi driver. Im getting a claim form sent through and one of there solictors will be looking into it. Seems to be looking up.

I also went round the corner the audi lost control on, she must have been doing some speed to loose control, mayeb 80 odd mph! That has got to play into my hands!! I also got pics of the part of the road.

My fingers are firmly crossed!!
    [:s]

3. Vduber Forum Member

if u did'nt know where the audi driver was going to lad all you can do is slam on on ...it was wet and u slid into the vehicle infront because it stoped instantly hitting the audi.

i would of thought both cars will claim of audi insurance.

4. matt989 Forum Member

Its looking that way, as I said, fingers crossed!

5. matt989 Forum Member

Got a letter from my insurance company today. They have decided to pay for the damage to the fiesta and not to claim against the audi driver!!

Thats me f**ked! Ill need to get some cash together and fix it myself!

Balls! [8(] [8(] [8(] [8(] [8(] [8(] [8(] [8(] [xx(]

Any idea of the price for scrappy parts?
    Bonnet
    Front Grill (Double Lamp)
    Lights
    Two front side wings
    Bumper (Preferably BIG)

6. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

20 - 30 for bonnet
    15 - 20 for wings or so

7. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

and the loss of ur no claims- and at 18 that's isnt good!!
    oh dear man, bad luck [:s]

8. matt989 Forum Member

I know! Im hopefully off to London for uni next year so I only need the car till then, by the time ive finished uni ill be 21! So it shouldnt be too bad

Cheers darrynK, some people have approached me bout selling parts, if anyone else in the glasgow/south lanarkshire area has any parts I need pm me, im interested if the price is good....speacialy in black!

Cheers for all the advice, turns out the damn pesimists won this time!

Matt

9. matt989 Forum Member

Update:

Bought a 1.6 Driver, not nearly as nice as the 1.8 but it'll get me from A to B! (Sometimes)

Cheers
    Matt