Insurance companies forced to make men/women policy prices equal

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by rich81, Feb 26, 2011.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Let's not forget: she's got the "lower" insurance risk!!

Right... [8-}] :clap: :lol:

2. danster Forum Addict

This is 5mph over 30mph limit. So you can do the math on 10mph (it ain't double ;)).
    The roads are public places. Go to the track if you wanna go fast.

[YOUTUBE]ipnJbSnmc24[/YOUTUBE]

There is a difference between speeding and stupid drivers, but the two do not go well together.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I am merely toning down your 80mph point as this is somewhat excessive and at the extremity of what is seen in 30 zones.

Of course 40 is not legal, and whilst not actively condoning it, it is a fact that folk drift through 30s at 40s and are not billed as the scurge of society, no matter how high minded we can be about it (or not) here.

The machine does not know the difference. That is the point I am making. The machine's parameters lack all discrection and context, a criticism levelled at speed cameras across the globe. Driving is not a binary exercise.

4. andypaterson Forum Member

Same here, woman in BMW did a 3 point turn directly into my stationary car because the kids were playing up in the back of her car and she was in a rush. Little scrape on the wing and slight graze on an alloy. But of course i didnt bother with insurance as i'd probably end up paying more premium for reporting a claim.

So the way i see it, women cause more small accidents that never go through to insurance. Men flip Novas doing 110mph into a busstop. Makes sense we should pay more really. Sort of.

5. danster Forum Addict

True, the "80mph in a 30 zone" is the sort of thing seen on those PoliceCameraAction programs, probably by a youth with no insurance or license anyway. :thumbup:

But the rules are there for a reason as that vid clip shows. If a child runs out into the road, or a car pulls out in front of someone, it takes further to stop at 40mph than at 30. The laws of physics cannot be changed. So even if someone is super sharp and starts braking as soon as they notice the situation, they are still going to travel further and possibly be involved in an accident.

I have more than 20 years no claims bonus. But statistically being a geezer, I am far more likely to be involved in an accident apparently. [:s].
    And unfortunately for "woman kind", I can also bake a darn good cake. Show me the woman that has 20 years NCB and is good at producing a fine cake? :lol:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  6. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Whilst this is true if the child runs out in front of a driver who is doing 30 but doesn't even notice the child & hits them at 30 because they didn't even brake the consequences will be worse than if they are hit by someone who was doing 40, hit the brakes & slowed the vehicle to 20 before impact.

The simple fact is that speeding is an easy target, it is easy to prove and easy to prosecute whereas the same isn't true of driving whilst paying no attention to anything further than the end of your bonnet something that I would suggest causes far more accidents than speeding. The statistics may not reflect this simply because nobody will admit to not paying attention prior to an accident and therefore it cannot be easily proved.

Obviously somebody who is speeding and not paying attention should be shot