Insurance cover note

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Gavster, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Gavster Forum Member

HI.. I'm new here

I'm hopefully getting buying a nice helios blue mk2 gti tonight.. the problem is it has no tax

If i insure the car tomorrow would the post office take a lazer printed cover note for cover?

I have been assured by adrian flux that they will - as this is what they send out

WHat do u guys think?

another strange thing.. the online quote is cheaper then when i rang up.. the guy reckons puttin my mother as a named driver doesn't reduce the insurance.. but when i tried online (elephant,confused) it actually made it cheaper!!

2. S700SSY Forum Member

Try it tomorrow.

The worst thing that can happen is that you wait a few days for the TAX disc, til you get your actual docs in.

As long as it's MOT'd and insured you won't get any hassle driving it round.

Just don't leave leave it parked ona public road with no tax - they have a habit of putting big yellow wheel clamps on round here these days.

S700SSY [:D]

3. Slinky Forum Member

Hi

Yes they will or at least my local post office did for me and that was an Adrian Flux cover note.

Slinky

4. Gavster Forum Member

ah.. cheers guys.. So they only accept laser copy? - I've only got an inkjet (but 'may' be able to get someone else to do it)

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Our advice not good enough over on Worcs for you Gav?? ;) Just kidding mate. Nice to see you are finally getting another Golf.

The post office does indeed accept cover notes. At least they have every time i have ever taxed a car.
    Edited by: Deako

6. Gavster Forum Member

Ah.. bugger.. been rumbled [:$]

Sorry.. I'll come to a meet when i get it sorted (been a while!)

So do you reckon they'll take an inkjet printed copy?.. or is that taking the urine?

Edited by: Gavster

7. Gavster Forum Member

Well I tried on saturday with my laser printed cover note (that adrian flux assured me would accept) but the post office wouldn't accept it!

I actually thought as much (cus i reckon I could have mocked something up on the computer that would resemble the same)

oh well have to wait a few days! [:^(]