Insurance help

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by dubstar, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubstar Forum Member

ive just bought a new car (f reg polo saloon) to tart /clean up,i need to get it home tonight and need to klnow if any of you know of insurance compaines that will do 24hr cover, mine dont/wont?? (liverpool victoria) so help please

cheers
    craig

2. mk1 ben Forum Member

just drive it

if u get pulled just give someone elses name

3. Rahul Forum Junkie

not exactly the best advice now is it. May sound like a grandad but what if he were to crash into you or me. I would be p1ssed off if an uninsured driver were to damage my car [:x]

4. Rahul Forum Junkie

just get a tesco policy, pay with it by direct debit and then cancel the policy the next day.

5. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i'm going to pick my new one up tonight. Not insuring it for the sake of 40mins driving

6. Dietrich Forum Member

(Rather stupidly) I drove mine home about 200 miles without insurance... It wasn't my intention to, but I'd bought the car and then last minute I couldn't get insurance.

The "what if" will always be the stronger argument, but I got lucky I guess.

The Tesco idea doesn't seem too bad if it's an option, although in the past they've been funny about refunding me. [:x]

Tom

7. hayesey Forum Junkie

The Tesco idea works, I've done it before. it costs you nothing. In fact you can even get a weeks insurance for free! :)

funnily enough I'm going looking at a Polo Saloon tonight as well. Altough it'll be the weekend when I drive it home if I decide I want it & I'll have taken out full insurance to keep on it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.