Insurance problem - need help!

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by lairy_1, May 17, 2004.

1. lairy_1

lairy_1 CGTI Regional Host

Hi all.

I had insurance with HIC 2 years ago. I've now tried going back to them after a year with Adrian Flux, and HIC tell me I had a claim against me where they paid out 550 to someone. I don't know of any claims against me during that year, and they are insisting that they paid out.

Any ideas what I should do? They're not being much help. Is there somewhere I can complain to to get this "claim" removed from my record?

My car insurance is due on Sunday, and they have now told me that they want 1200 with this accident on my record, when they did give me a quote for 800 without this accident!

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

hang on, let me get this straight...HIC are claiming that you had a claim with them two years ago...but you never had any accident/theft?

3. lairy_1

Yep. I don't know anything about any accident / theft. I ran my car for a year with them, with no problems.

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

PM MrBen, he works for an insurance co and will know what to do.

5. dooosuk Forum Member

Did they provide proof of your no claims when you left them? Surely you could use that?

6. Admin Guest

date and circumstances of said claim?

7. MrBen Forum Junkie

lairy_1 has PM.

8. lairy_1

Cheers guys. I'm just trying to get in touch with the manager of the sales team. I'll let you know what happens.

The only problem is that my insurance runs out on Sunday, and I'm going on holiday in my car on Thursday, so I might end up paying the more expensive price anyway, and then seeing if they will pay it me back when it's all sorted out!

9. MrBen Forum Junkie

Keep pushing them to sort it out in time. It's not your fault, after all!

10. lairy_1

They have now sorted it out, and did me extra discount on my insurance for the inconvenience - I saved about an extra 150.

They have fully wiped the "claim" from their records.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I thought it would be a lot harder to sort out than it was, though!

11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

My mate had this occur.

He tried to renew, and they reckoned he had no NCD. He kicked off asking what they were on about, and they said someone had claimed off him for an incidente where HIS car was driven off the road due to some c*nt cutting him up. and this same c*nt then went on to claim for damage to his own car (even though they never came into contact). ANd they never even contacted him to mention it! they just paid out and robbed him of his NCD.

utter c*nts man....scum of the earth. you were lucky.