Insurance question

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by altern8, Jun 18, 2004.

1. altern8 Forum Junkie

I called about insuring my cabby today and they quoted me a really cheap price so i bought it [:D] but :

in jan this year i got several points on my licence and i phoned the company straight away and told them i got points and they already know i have had a claim on the insurance since takin out the policy last july.

The price they quoted was for a 2nd car with out my no claims added classic car policy they did not ask about points or a the claim i had so would they of taken these into consderation on the price i got and paid for [:$] [:s] .

i also told them about all the mods and the 16v engine but it was 7.56pm tonite and they closed at 8pm so i think they rushed through the quote. [xx(]

2. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

3. MrBen Forum Junkie

Ring them and check. The policies absolutely no use if they haven't taken points and claims into account.

4. ValverPaul Forum Member

I would assume all your previous stuff would of been on file to see when offering the new policy!! It may be quite low cos on a classic they know your not going to drive it ALL the time, keeping the miles low!! ;)

5. altern8 Forum Junkie

thats ehat i though see i think i wil have to check to see what the papers say ;)

6. altern8 Forum Junkie

its got some of my points but not all of them and the engine sayes "engine replaced with same manifactures make but differnt model"

it was a 1800 8v its now a 16v :lol: