Insurance - Who’s best?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by chesney, May 15, 2004.

1. chesney New Member

Will be needing to renew in a couple of months and fed up with Bell Direct. [:x]

Are HIC any good. Got a Mk4 150 pd tdi thingy.

2. MrBen Forum Junkie

Use the search function, there's about ten million threads about insurance in general and about HIC.

3. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

One mans cheap insurance is another mans rip off... ;)

4. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Insurance is generally crap! They rip you off for years on end giving you excuses of why the premium has gone up and then when you finally do claim, they will find a clause in which you dont get a full payout!!! [:x] [:x] [:x] . Sorry, i'm with hic and the insurance is reasonable....

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

HIC are not as competitive on any car valued over 5k. I got quoted 4000 FC by them on a Mk4 1.8T, yet my Jetta VR6 was costing 1100 FC.

If your car is standard try companies like Elephant, Direct Line etc.

If its modified try Adrian Flux, Greenlight, Brentacre.

6. Poke Forum Member

Brentcare!!! gave me the best rate and they don't mind mods, bonus, good customers service as well :thumbup:

7. Yorkie Forum Member

I was with HiC for my first two years, and they were better than most. Price got cheaper each year and they didn't need written proof of my mods, just verbal over the phone.

I'm with Adrian Flux and they are f**king sh*t. I'm trying to change my car, and they have quoted me nothign but stupid prices. They also wanted a 10 page document filled out of all my mods. Strange how HiC didn't need that. They will not be getting my business next year or ever again in fact. Should have stayed with HiC.

[:x] [:x] [:x]....sry rant over.

Cheers

Jamie

8. Dr Delirium Forum Member

Well i got a quote from Norwhich Union on a 1.8 mk2 driver for 925 :clap: , thats for TPFT no mods.
    For a 1.6 i was quoted 850 :p ! Bearing in mind that i`m 18, no driving experience etc. Pretty chuffed. Its an internet quote that i`ve saved, Is that the price they have to give you now? Its valid for 60 days it said, anyone any experience of internet insurance?

9. Kingsley Forum Member

im with elephant fully comp on mk2 gti 91 h plate with few lil mods declared and some not so declared 472quid 4 me and the chick worth a look i think guys...

10. vealige Forum Member

:lol: Just got my renewal from Adrian flux and my insurance has dropped wait for 25 in a year!!! [:x] [:x] Looked over on the back and they have got my NCB wrong i should have an extra year t**sers!!

Anyhow being 21 i'm going to try brentcare. Got any numbers etc for them??? Are there any others you would recommend. People like Nowich Union etc won't touch me till i'm 25 with a modified golf????? W**kers! [:x]

11. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

0 NCB
    All mods declared
    Agreed value
    Track cover
    Breakdown cover

NICE!

12. Yorkie Forum Member

Another tip someone said about on here the other day, was to add one of your parents to your insurance. For example I got 135 off a quote from elephant on a mk3 VR6 FC :o

Not all firms offer this, but it's worthwhile asking.

Cheers

Jamie

13. cforehead Forum Member

You've told me who you are with Tub, but I didn't realise that you'd no NCB. Looks like we have that in common too! The engine swap's lookin better all the time!

14. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

who's that with tub??

i pay 450 quid with norwich union tpft, 2 yrs ncb and 19 at the time.

brentacre touch anyone under 21?

and anyone know any companies good with gray imports? ;) [:s]

15. Wombar Forum Member

I've heard that although HIC is good on prices, their service can be appalling. In fact I think there was a thread knocking about the other day about their service.

Anyway I went with Elephant and got a good deal. I was orginally quoted 700 fully comp with 6yrs NCB, 23, Mk3 8v Golf GTI. I then just put my mum on who has a clean record and it dropped to 560. Give it a go, it's not like you have to let them use it ;)

16. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

tried ringing hic- after about 3 minutes of automated talking etc and not being connected to anyone, i hung up mumbling swear words- i bet they had it on speaker :lol:

17. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

Liverpool Victoria ...no change when I put exhaust on, and the said just 11 more a year for the suspension! Cheap enough for me, and I rang EVERYONE ;)

18. vealige Forum Member

Shame they won't insure cars with performance enhancing modifications! ;)

19. NicD Forum Member

Liverpool Victoria are great for me too but they wont do Engine Swaps but they will do performance modifications. Having my 2003 Cooper S tuned from 165bhp to 210bhp cost me an additional 20 a year. I've even made a claim and had a minimum of fuss with paperwork, only took 2 phone calls & i fax to get the car booked in for work to be carried out.

20. b'locks Forum Addict

no 1 insurance company is best for everyone. just ring them all up and find the best one to suit you. Greenlight were best for me by miles, beating even HIC by over 300.