Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by adilnasim786, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Quick question guys. I got insurance for my car, i've obviously not told them about all my modfications. If i was to claim for insurance i know they could say its void.

but my question is this, what is someone hits me and its their fault, would their insurance company pay out or will they check to see if i was insured for my mods????

Cheers guys.

Adil.

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

Obviously not told them? That sure is controversial :lol:

3. That a sarci reply cuz i really need to know guys.

Adil

4. gillm

gillm ***** User

ad the mods . you could stand to lose lots , plus you got to be stupid not too . god knows what happens if you hit a person ?

5. Admin Guest

a very big gamble, if they inspect it they will see the mods, then its gets very tricky to sort out and it won't be in your favour....

6. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Declare your mods to your insurer like an adult tbqfh. [:x]

7. craggsy Forum Member

If you can't afford to insure the car with mods then don't do the mods. Simple. So as has been said tell insurance co about mods straight away

8. gillm

gillm ***** User

to be honest it's a bit of a silly question to ask

9. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

what haven't you told them about?
    If its a couple of polybushes on the rear beam I probably wouldn't be losing loads of sleep. If you have a 20vt conversion and its still registered as a 1.3 then maybe I would.

I declared all my mods, it didn't cost that much more.

10. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Act like it was like that when y' bought it and it was sold as standard?

and also act like I never suggested this.[:$]

11. Aphex Forum Junkie

And if you were to hit my car and it turned out you wasn't insured, I'd gladly take any modified bits off. :thumbup:

12. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Reckon this might not be a hypothetical "what if?" so much as a "I've just been crashed into, what's gonna happen when they discover my mods?"...

Wonder if it's the car he's trying to sell on here?

13. Aphex Forum Junkie

That'd be quite funny.. spent 10 grand, insurance see it as a 1 grand car :lol:

14. The db

The db Forum Junkie

declare them. it will cost you an extra 100 at the very most.

15. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

I know some one who modded their car and did not declare all his mods and when he drove in to some one they told him his insurance was void and would not pay up. He has lost thousands...... they will inspect the car most of the time!

DOnt be a fool and do it. You only stand to get into a heap of trouble....An accident does not even have to be your fault!

16. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

yeah. obviously.

:clap:

[:|]

17. *Dubby* Forum Member

I declared my mods and they didn't even have an option for replacing standard alloys with steels. Discrimination tbfh [:|] :lol:

Seriously though, with some insurers, cosmetic mods don't even make that much difference, if at all.

Like Aphex, if you crashed into my car, I'd glady take the mods off for you. And make a few mods to you too [:x] [}:)]

18. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

all mods declared on my golf - 291 FC and i'm 25 with 3years NCB :)

19. Mizz_P Forum Member

sorry to hi-jack the thread but didnt want to start a new one... my insurance is up this week and was just wondering if i have to declare that its lowered?

20. *Dubby* Forum Member

Indeed, you do :)