Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by MarkGolf, May 24, 2004.

1. MarkGolf Forum Member

Anyone got any contacts or recommendations on people to talk to at certain companies?
    Im looking to get newer quotes on my VR converted Golf once its done.... The quote numbers I've had before have expired and want newer ones..

If you don't wanna post details on here, please mail me @ Mbyrne338@hotmail.com

Also, for people who have had engine conversion, please tell me what companies you are with and what your increase was?

Thanks

2. Rahul Forum Junkie

obviously people will say HIC, flux, etc..obviously try those.

Interesing one is Liverpool Victoria.

They say they do not allow Mods, but they do. I have a letter in writing.

The lady i spoke to on the phone said they even do insurance on engine conversions...

who knows?

3. MarkGolf Forum Member

A good mate of mine said they're a good company, he had a XR2 and put an RST lump in it and his policy went up by 40!

4. Rahul Forum Junkie

i am insured with them for my bm....
    they might be ok if you insure your car as a modified 1.4. The reason I say this is I am having trouble insuring an m3 through them- as i have to be 25...so I am going with elephant.
    They don't let you insure many decent cars until you are 25....i tried cars ranging from a vr6 to an integra type R.....no chance!
    rags
    Edited by: CabrioRags