Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Gibbothebrit, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Gibbothebrit Forum Member

Hi, just registered as am hopefully soon to be the owner of a mk1 GTI. Unless you already have one and i've just not found it yet, a section on peoples recommendations for insurance companies would be well useful.

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

3. Gibbothebrit Forum Member

Well that would be that then, Cheers.

4. bobski Forum Member

try admiral insurance....ive just boughta mk11 gti 16v im 27 no claims and got fully comp for 465....but i do stay in perth in scotland and its a car thief free zone

5. Gibbothebrit Forum Member

think admiral may be same company as elephant, as quote site is the same only a different colour. Elephant have quoted me 618 on mk1 GTI 1800cc Y reg not quite a campaign model. fully comp with 0 no claims am only 22. this is a pretty good quote compared to others and of course with my girlfriend on as a named driver as for some reason it reduces the quote by about 30%. cheapest i have had elswhere other than admiral is around 1500 all the way up to 2900 from endsleigh.

have not tried HIC yet as recommended, not sure if anyone who is a member of this forum gets a discount as i have only just joined?

Get the car on saturday afternoon though, can't wait!