insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by slythe_guy, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slythe_guy Forum Member

just phoned up my insurance company to see about possibly getting a mk2 or mk3 golf insured

mk2 1.3 f reg 5door (most expensive one of group) came to 52.91 per month
    mk2 1.6 driver f reg 5 door again the most expensive one of the group would be 58.19 per month
    mk3 1.4 match m reg would be 59.28 per month this also being the most expensive one of mk3 1.4's

they said "make sure it's not got alloy wheels, as you can't have any modifications before the age of 25"

hmm better not mention my fez's modifications in that case then

basically my car's messing me around, so went to adjust the tappets today... and i think i may have made it worse, oh, also found a leak in my fuel line which can't be healthy, so considering getting a new runaround and garaging the mk1 fez

2. hairnet600 Forum Member

thats not too bad

3. Jetta Forum Junkie

What about VW alloys? when I insured my first dub, I just said they were optional extra, (BBS RA's) as they were avaiable as an option, but I fitted them :lol:

4. Claypole Forum Junkie

What's the situation if you buy an older VW and it comes with alloys but you "don't know" whether they are standard or not?

The Polo I bought had been supplied from new with alloys by the dealer rather than the normal steels etc.

5. Dubya Forum Junkie

WTF has being 25 got to do with having alloys?

F**king prats. [:x]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.