Insurance???

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by davegibs, Feb 22, 2004.

1. davegibs Forum Member

Hey,
    Any1 have any ideas where the best place to get insurance on a 1.8 mk1 gti would be? Im 19 with a clean licence for over 2 years but no no claims and i live in bolton [:^(] . I am after third party only. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

2. southwest_16v Forum Member

h.i.c maybe or get a copy of one of the classic car mags, i managed to get insurance on a bmw 323 tpf&t for 500 a week after passing my test through one of the firms advertising, think it was in classic car monthly or something like that.

3. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

Try Liverpool Victoria cheapest I`ve ever found, and everyone I know who has tried them too :)

4. Darkus Forum Member

I am with HIC at the moment as they gave me the cheapest quote for my gti by far.

But...

When i asked them to quote me on a vr6 they came with 1100, which was 600 more than admiral, plus i have 6 years no claims and a clean license. [:s]

5. monza 16v Forum Member

I was 19 when i got insured on my mk1 gti 1.8.
    It cost me 2000 with no no claims bonus through performance direct.
    f**kin crooks.......

6. Alan Forum Member

Try tesco

7. vr6_neil Forum Member

im with HIC for my vr6 as is my brother on his big fin cosworth & a lad that i work with has just bought a mk3 gti & they were the cheapest quote by far that he got when he rang around

8. greg s Forum Member

Don't ask for Third Party Only, you're basically telling the insurance company that you don't give a fuck if your car gets nicked. The difference in premium with any good insurance company is small (some even put the premium DOWN when you add fire and theft cover!).

9. davegibs Forum Member

Yeah meant fire n theft. Got a quote with elephant online for a 10 month no claims bonus booster for 1300 quid. I think that is pretty reasonable. Put one of my parents on as a named driver made it cheaper. Thanx for ur help guys.

10. Guests Banned

Def add fire and theft on, usually is at the most 5 to 10 pounds more.

Im 18, 19 in a month. No, no claims, company car driver and with my mum and dad both on the policy. I also have 3 points for speeding!!!

The car is a Mk2 GTi 8v, and i payed 1024 with Admiral. They were the cheapest by far for me. In fact, theier quote is the onlt reason i got the car! I would try them!

If both parents have clean record, put them on, with admiral will drop price by 30% roughly.

11. danthevan Forum Member

Tried literally everyone i could find on the web one night, best i found was Axa direct.

12. kev2.0Gt New Member

Try Kerry at brentaker insurance (01792650933) ive got a 2.0 16v on twin 45 fast road cam ported and polished head loads of other modds with an agreed value all for 800 and a 200bhp limit [:D] . + ime 21 with 3 points for speeding and have had an big bump.
    everywhere elce wanted 1500.00 plus

hope this helps

13. c8hau New Member

Yeah Brentacre are quality really nice guys as well, I'm 24 3 years no claims 3 points, 910 on a Corrado VR6 Fully comp all mods included with 210bhp limit, can't grumble at that!

14. RoyF18 Forum Member

Agreed - I got my best quote by a long way from them (mk2 GTI & I'm 21 years old). Probably best to phone them rather than get a quote off the net from them.