Insuring a imported car or go for traders

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by vwbobby, Jul 3, 2014.

1. vwbobby Forum Member

Hi All,

I have a mk2 Jetta Coupe LHD imported from Holland, its on a UK registration now.

I tried SKY Insurance, but they could not insure the car.

I am 33, live in West London and been driving over 10 years. I have 0 years no claims discount to use on this policy, as I use this on my daily car.

I would like about 3000 miles a year on it and fully comprehensive for social and pleasure use and maybe driving a bit to work.

I have 1 claim, which was not my fault back in Dec 1, van went into the back off me.

Can anyone help with this? or where i can go?

Also another option, could I get traders insurance, as i own 4 cars, but do not own a business?

Cheers

Bobby

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

one thing to bare in mind with traders insurance is you only get the trade price for a car if it get written off and sometimes that can be next to nothing

i have just insured a second car and got my no claims discount carried over from my other policy onto the new one as well
    both policys are through the same insurance company

pays to shop around some times

3. vwbobby Forum Member

Cheers mate, just went on go compare and in came in at 183.58 per year fully comp with 3000miles, result. That is better than what i pay on my corrado 16vt on a claasic car policy, that one is 251

Thanks again

4. benthejettaman Forum Member

that still seems high, i only pay 170 on my coupe and thats declaring the 24v lump and its now rhd