Intercooler and Radiator Recommendations?

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Todd Motto, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Todd Motto Forum Member

MK2 Golf + BAM engine… radiator and intercooler needed!

…Lots of posts and forums on this already, but many are 5-10 years old. So how about seeing what’s good now?

If you were performing a 1.8 20vt BAM swap today, what intercooler and radiator would you use? I want to keep things simple as possible and plug and play. I’ve thought about a FMIC but figure there’s not much room so I may push the requirement down the line a little and just get the car running. Unless it does make a huge difference? Anyway - let me know your thoughts on what setup is good in 2023 :-)

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I would read the posts from 5 to 10 years ago and see if the sizes and recomendations match what is on the market today. You may find they do.
    BAM/AMK/BFV/APX/APY been done to death with success in a MK2 Golf and luckly for you folks archived the experience to benefit you a decade later.

3. Todd Motto Forum Member

Yes I’ve read a lot / all of the posts but as it’s not been discussed in a long while I thought there’d surely be a new way that’s not / not so documented. For example VR6/Sprinter gear and different combinations of OEM.

Monkeybrain likes this.