iPad

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Deako, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

They start at 849 list price. Not cheap, but a long way from 2k

As for Flash, why would you support a product that's responsible for 50% of the crashes on your machines, and has security concerns? Repeating what's on the public Mac forums (not insider info), if the software vendor had addressed the issues quicker, this would never have happened.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. fthaimike Forum Addict

Thing is even if they say flash is naff if there is a lot of use around the web why deny using it, at least give people an option with a disclamer.....

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Flash is only good for crap games on crap sites really. Some websites still use it, even though HTML5 or CSS would be far more suitable, in my opinion of course.

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

those with ipads, what do you actually use them for?

genuine question....

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Casual web browsing, games, useful apps, image viewing, video viewing. Same as you use an iPhone for except a better experience when sat on the couch.

6. WEZ

anyone given one as a gift? or let an older person try theirs?

thinking of getting a non-windows based tablet for my dad, dunno if he'd use it though, he can't use a pc, as far as i know

7. Ditchyboy Forum Member

apparently a lot easier than laptops etc to use as my family have just got one for my grandma, its her 80th next weekend!! She just wanted to be able to use the internet and a few crossword / puzzle apps. I think she will be the coolest grandma ever with her crocs or ugg boots she wears and an ipad!!

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

To get the most out of it, it still needs to be connected to a pc/Mac with iTunes from time to time. It would make a great gift, but only for someone who can get the best out of it. Otherwise I think it will be a very expensive dust gatherer.

Does your dad have wifi wez?

9. WEZ

that's why i said non-windows based tablet, ipad would be a waste.

he'd probably use it like ditchyboys grandma, was gonna get the archos 7 home then i just found flatpad A10 which looks great

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

It needs to be set up and synched with a computer, so unless you're going to take it home regularly to update it, an iPad on its own isn't a great solution.

11. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I'm buying one tonight for no other reason than its 200 and comes with a docking station that cost 250.

I'll have a play on it and give my honest opinion.

12. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

I love mine, except for the fact that it wont open all the pictures on some of the members thread on the forum. It's very annoying when you only get little blue question marks[:x]

13. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

don't know ehre you're getting your info, but it looks like iphone5 wont be out this year, as I thought.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/28/no-hardware-announcements-at-wwdc-2011/

14. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Dude. Welcome to last year.:thumbup: Check the dates first.

And there is nothing but rumours about the iPhone 5 at the moment, mostly from some replacement parts suppliers, nothing of which i have commented on. This was for the iPhone 4 last year.

Remember, all those rumours pointed to the iPad 2 not being released until June as well. That turned out to be horse ****. The only thing we will know is when apple make the announcements.

15. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Call me a ****!! My wife normally does! Lol
    As this thread popped up as the latest I thought it was posted today!! Sorry dude! [:$]

16. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Might as well wait for the iPhone 5. Dont see the point in changing my 3GS now.

17. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

If it doesnt happen this year, then id say upgrade to the iPhone 4. Its a well worthy upgrade.

If it does happen this year, definitely upgrade to the iPhone 5. :thumbup:

18. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I went to buy the ipad, got there it was an ipod. bummer!!

19. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

20. mashed Forum Member

Hi Guys, I work for an IT support company. And support MAC and PC's. I'm left handed and tried the I phone 4...... What an absolute waste of money. Android is where it's at from now on. Google listen to there customers and add features they want... Rather than having a Roadmap.... And this is where apple and microsoft will fall behind. Microsoft and Apple are too big and can't take criticism. About there products. And if you ask them about new features nine times out of ten... It's not in the roadmap..... I personally think Apple have embarassed themselves with the iPhone 4. And Steve Jobs doesn't help..... I'm holding it wrong.... Yeah ok of course. I'm wrong because i'm left handed or maybe you should have extensively tested the product before bringing it to market..... But at the end of the day the Apple boys will keep buying and being dripfed new features. When Apple should spend more money on product development and release finished products..... Don't get me wrong Microsoft mess up too (Vista). But they generally don't build the hardware. I want everyone that own's an iphone to go out and try an Android phone..... Free Apps, Free Software, I can browse the whole web.... Not just what I'm wanted to see (I don't class wanting to check flight times online as a new thing that needs an app) The whole point of the web was to enable freedom. I don't want to have a monopoly telling me this site isn't good enough for there product so I can't go there unless i download there app. The web is about freedom and it's only google linux and microsoft that allow you to make your own mind up about what you want to look at......