Is this cheap to spray my mk2 golf ?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by white_gti 8v, Feb 5, 2014.

1. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

i am toying with the idea of a new paint job same as(tornado red)the car is fairly good(no rust) but not perfect I was quoted 800-1000 depending on prepwork and that's a well known(good) painter in my town.my roof is perfect and he said he could do a sound job without having to do the roof.not sure that's a glass out job though and don't think I would want to tackle the glass.

2. tom.rich Forum Member

Glass out or don't bother imo mate... unless it's just a ragger or a racer :)

Won't take a lot more time to pull and refit some Mk2 windows than it would to mask them off :)

3. Whats the finished result? Looks good so far

4. GBK

gbk Paid Member Paid Member

'Scuze my ignorance, but why does the glass need taking out? If you're masking over the hole where the windows were, why take out the glass? Is it more to remove the rubbers/seal so there's no edge to the rubber, rather than the glass itself?

5. solaris

solaris Forum Member

I paid 2.5K to have my car done. The quote included removing & re-fit (after paint) the plastic trims the doors, boot, bonnet, glass, front panels and any decals. It was then taken back to the metal addressing any rust dents etc before spraying

[​IMG]

I wanted the work once and correctly.

6. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Because there will be a line where the tape is, if you take the windows out the line will be behind the rubber so you won't see it.

7. Seen enough dodgy resprays up to the rubber seal flaking so always take them out. as tbh its hardly effort for a better result.