Juddering 8v.............cured!

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Joker, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Joker Forum Member

Hi all,

Once again, thank you for all the replies....

Right........

Staggering out at 7.30am, I decided to check the fuel injector rail wires, attached to the white block, it was worth a try. However, having had this problem before, I was more used to the engine dying when wires broke, or the starter motor spinning to no effect when the engine is turned over.

I gave an experimental tug on the wires and the upper one came loose, it seemed that the connection had pulled free from the contact, but was contacting randomly on movement, hence the kangarooing under load.

I went to ****tygate and was pleasantly surprised at the service, albeit both assistants who know me very well were there. It took three hours of back-and-forth and screen searching to get the wires, here are the details.

The while connector block has the number 037906240 on it, and the old crimp was removed by pushing two (sewing) pins vertically in the slots to disengage the tabs, then pushing the crimp out with a pin punch.

The wire part number is.......

P W000 979 225 E N/STK WIRE SET

Thanks again.

Best

Joker