juddery idle lumpy drive

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Alcopup, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Alcopup New Member

<DIV>I have seen a few similar posts but thought I would add my own problem just in case anyone has a quick answer suggestion...</DIV>
    <DIV>I bought a 1.4s golf (2000 W reg) last week, having had a quick test drive in it, everything seemed fine, unfortunately when the engine is warm the tick over makes the car rock (cold tick overstarts at 1100 and soon drops to 750)and it drives quite 'lumpy' it does not cut out or stall though, I took it back to the dealer (the mechanic was friendly and helpful and thought it may have been the throttle body?) who cleaned the air filter (I think it was the air filter he said it was badly carbonised) and put some cleaning fluid into the petrol tank and told me to run the petrol through until it was almost empty before filling up, driving the car away from the dealer it did indeed drive much nicer with less 'lumpiness' esp when taking foot off the accelerator, however it has all come back and I am going to have to take it back to the dealer again this week, does anyone have any ideas/tips that may help when I'm chatting with the mechanic?</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Cheers in advance</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Alco</DIV>