Just got a Golf gti

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Rob., Oct 28, 2003.

1. Rob. New Member

Hi, I'm new. I just got a G reg mk2 Golf gti and its kind of a shed at the moment, so I'm going to clean it up, get some nice alloys, beg my dad to paint it black and maybe get some side skirts. Anyway I was just wondering what kind of things you people would recommend I get for it and what companies are the best?

2. Liam Forum Member

g60 trim
    get 16x9 rims if you can, suit the g60 arches nicely [:D]
    lower it

the stuff above is what most people do and makes the gti look the part, but the rest is up to you [:D]

3. MrBen Forum Junkie

Spend time and money on getting it into really good condition rather than bolting random bits on it! Then you can start worrying about modding it!!

4. Rob. New Member

It just needs a good service and cleaning and my dad is a really good mechanic and like I said I'll beg him to spray it for me.

p.s. whats a good site for modding stuff so I can find out how much I'm going to have to save.

5. MrBen Forum Junkie

What sort of 'modding stuff' are you after? Are you looking for cosmetic mods, or performance enhancing mods? How much do you want to spend?

6. Rob. New Member

A bit of both really, I'll probably get a K&N air filter because they are pretty local and my dad's shop deals with them and I just want to see what kind of styling is available and the same with the exhausts.

Sorry about not getting the correct name, modding stuff sounded right to me.

7. vdubgirl Forum Member

Hi rob welcome to the forum :) you could do the obvious with your car i.e big bumpers, lower it, nice spangly wheels, grill, skirt kit, exhaust, air filter, chip, nice paint job, these are just the little basic things and the list goes on and on [:D] good luck with it ;) oh and BTW your in the best place to get ideas and help with your motor ;)

8. MrBen Forum Junkie

Don't worry I wasn't taking the pi$$!

If I were you, I'd have a look at the members cars section on here and see what sort of look you are after! Unfortunately you've missed all the big shows for this year as they are a great way of getting ideas of what to do to your car, but there's plenty of ideas on here!

9. NoFearKid Banned

ahhh rob we meet again!

small world this internet!!!

i say drop a cr250 lump in it and put some grab rails on the side.

oh and get a holeshot device...hehehehe

seriously, keep the car simple and clean and it will look great!

remember no rice!

10. NoFearKid Banned

oh here is a picture of my car, you might have seen it on ronrons

[​IMG]

take a pic of yours mate, good choice aswell

11. Rob. New Member

No rice?? But I like rice with my indian food, lol I'm just kidding I can't stand indian. I just want to do a bit of bodywork done to the car, not like what my mate has done with his Corsa, he got this huge bodykit and he's only got a 1.2 lol

12. green with envy Forum Member

What are you guys like telling a new vw owner 1st thing he should get is ( no particular order ) Zorst, alloys, b/bumpers, g60 trim, lowered etc etc. ;)

Trust me. If you have not got one then the first thing to get before you put anything on it is a decent alarm....Then go from there. welcome and good luck