just got elements7

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Collie, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Collie Forum Junkie

Finally got a version of photoshop, have been using photofiltre for a few years and its good but being open source it is a bit limited.

But now i am back to square one, cant do a think with e7

So Can anyone point me in the direction of some good lesons, i had have a google but lots of the guides appear to be crap.

Thanks Collie

2. blighty Forum Member

tried youtube for tutorials? :)

3. Collie Forum Junkie

good idea

4. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I used to teach IT and I found that starting people off with Elements helped them to learn the easier bits, before tackling Photoshop itself.

I still do a bit of one-to-one teaching and usually recommend that they buy a magazine called Digital Photo each month. (4.99 in the shops, but cheaper by subscription).

Every month they do tutorials for Elements and PS, and there is a CD with the magazine each month, with videos of the lessons on, so you can see exactly how to do things.

If you ever get over this way, you're welcome to some of the old issues, or I could copy some of the CDs for you if you like.

5. Collie Forum Junkie

thanks stella, a mate of mine just suggested the same thing.

he to has some cds that he has offered me.

thanks for the offer.

Collie

6. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

7. Collie Forum Junkie

thanks

8. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Good site (once I'd got over the American sense of humour! His books are just the same).

9. 1550samn Forum Member

trial and error as well as tutorials and so on.... make shapes and change colours... really f**k things up and try to think of ways to use the things youve learnt subtley in your image edditing...

10. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

He is awesome!

I'm going to his seminar and workshop in London in October aimed at Photoshop CS5 and Photographers! work are paying so it would be rude not to! :p ( I do actually teach Photoshop)

11. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Couldn't get me a copy of CS5??? ;) lol

12. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Don't talk to me about CS. Last Christmas I spent 200 on an OEM CS4 from a dealer on ebay, thinking that I'd finally get all my software legal.

It worked fine, if somewhat slowly, on my old Win XP machine and I was delighted with it.

Last month I got a new PC with Win7. Deleted/deactivated CS on my old machine and installed it on my new PC, and it wouldn't let me use my serial number, only let me have a month's free trial.

I contacted Adobe this week, only to find out mine is a pirate copy and they won't help, saying I should have used an authorised retailer.

So now I have 200 down the drain and no CS. Too late now to get any recompense from ebay and needless to say, can't find the seller.

The newer versions of CS and Win7 make it phone home to authenticate itself, so I doubt if you will be able to crack it. No doubt, of course, someone will be able to.

But I'm back to Elements (which is legal and doesn't try to phone home). So much for trying to get myself legitimate!