Just had my HIC renewal through 2267.28!

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Bronze MK1 Cab, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

I thought it was must have been a miss print as last year it was only 550.

I've now got 3 years no claims and I'm 25. When I rang them they said sorry its correct :o due to car crime in my area [:x]

I still can't believe it, I don't live in a really bad area [:[]

I went to Performance Direct in the end and it cost me 563, which wasn't what I was hoping for, but better than 2267.28 [:s]
    Edited by: Bronze MK1 Cab

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

They must have heard your an ignorant welsh pig :lol:

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

LOL!

on the serious side, that is a f*cking disgraceful quote. They obviously don't want your business..

4. hayesey Forum Junkie

thats what a lot of my quotes were like because I live in a high crime rate area.

It's thier "polite" way of telling you to f**k off. [:x]

5. alexc Forum Member

Call HIC and ask to speak to Phil Numan, he deals with all the quotes on modded cars and I'm sure he'll be able to sort out the problem.

He actually knows what he's talking about!

6. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

thats what you get for lowering your suspension,
    have you told them about your aftermarket fuel cap ? ;)

7. superflygti Forum Member

That is ridiculous.....
    at least you got a better deal elsewhere - did you phone them up and tell them that they were a bunch of monkeys & you'd just got it for a sensible price of 563.

8. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

The quote that they gave me was before I told them about my lowered springs :lol:

Lol at 1990 :lol: . What a day yesterday, get called a ignorant Welsh pig and that get my renewal through for over 2K [:x]

I told HIC I could not believe it as I have been a customer for 2 years and I've always found them really good. I've even praised them on this forum [xx(]

They said sorry and told me I better go somewhere else and see you at Inters, try us next year [:v:]

I feel so let down, they have always been cheaper than anyone else and don't mind modds.

9. Dinibird New Member

Does make you sick Bronzey. I remember my Full Comp premium for my Cabbie in 2000, with 2 year's NCB (had 5 yrs at the start of that year, but then a 50:50 accident in my Pug 1.9 GTI which put paid to that....)was about 1400 I think. A hell of a lot for someone who passed their test in 1995, and lived in a very very low crime rate area (till my car was nicked!!).
    I suppose it would be even more now that insurance costs have gone mad in the last few years, but that is silly as the car cost me 6K in 2000, and I could pick one up for half that now....
    Insurance is such a rip-off. If they were regulated like the other financial services we would all be better off.
    By the way, after it was nicked, I was left with 0 NCB!!! I know you'll say it should have been protected but my insurer said you had to have 6 yrs worth before you could protect it. I had to downsize to a 1.4 P reg Clio Sport, which was as quick as I could get for a reasonable ins group (it was group 6). It beat my hubbie's Mk3 GTI off the line up to about 50mph!!! :lol: It was a good car to me, but not a patch on my cabbie...Anyway, that still cost me an extortionate 1700 a year. It seems the number of years you have been driving are irrelevant. I was classed as much risk as a 17 year old. To be honest, after my accident I was much more careful on the road and less reckless, which improved my driving from an insurance point of view. I'll stop ranting now, but I'm really bitter about car insurance in case you haven't noticed, especially coz it is the factor which influences what you can afford to drive. [:x]

10. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

Sorry to hear that Dinibird, that's well unfortunate [:^(]

I'm sure you'll be able to afford to insure a Sportline again soon.

I started to panic at one stage, thinking if I can't get a much cheaper quote the car will have to go [:s]

I got turned down by two other companies as I've got 4 modds

Weber carb
    BBS alloys
    40mm Lowering spring
    K&N filter

Not much, but some companies just don't want to know when you mention modds