Just Ordered VCDS

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by priceygti, Jul 27, 2012.

1. priceygti Forum Member

As the title suggests i've bit the bullet and ordered the full version of VCDS from Gendan.co.uk so all going well it should be here early next week [:D]

I was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice things i can and can't do with it or any general tips on usage etc

Cheers
    Mark

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

it's a great tool, if you have wifi coverage on your first switch on, have internet connection there on plugging into to the car via the setup section it will upgrade the firmware to the cable - it's normal

not much else you'll find the rest online and the links above help

3. priceygti Forum Member

cheers for the links cerips i've taken a good look through them ;)

Crispy thanks for that info i can just about get wifi at the garage so it will probably update then lol

4. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

for over 300 quid!!! wow

5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

you have to pay for the good stuff, I have had mine for years, never looked back!!

with the WiFi you'll find yourself searching for stuff to do / how to use it from the carlol

6. priceygti Forum Member

i haven't paid that much but still enough though but as others have said you have to pay for good stuff, plus i have at least 4 VAG cars in the family that i can use it on regularly plus i will offer a code reading/resetting service for 10 to recoup some of the cost back in the long run

7. priceygti Forum Member

Since taking delivery of my VCDS cable i have used it at least 10+ times so far which judging by local garages for diagnostic reading has saved me anywhere between 300-800 so it's a great investment i have found so far. I must admit i still don't have a clue how to do half the stuff with it yet but i will keep playing and reading info online.