K-jet accumulator 431-133-441/C

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Matthew Walker, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Matthew Walker New Member

Hi

Does anyone know where (other than heritage parts and eBay) where I can get a Accumulator from form at a decent price?

I am after part number

vw 431-133-441/C
    Bosch 0438170027

Also bosch do accumulates for other cars that are kitted with k-jet system they have a slightly different part number (last two digits) but look identical does anyone know If they work or has bought one but one and fitted one of these on their golf because they’re a lot cheaper (no surprise ‍♂️)

Here are the Bosch part number i am on about and the cars they fit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Fu...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

FIA

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

I think you will struggle to get Bosch gear for something like this at a decent price - might be worth checking with Brendan Moss and see if you can get a second-hand unit if you're OK with that.
    I'm not sure if anyone else manufacturers something like this but I would strongly suspect Bosch are the only show in town for an accumulator

I cannot speak to Bosch accumulators with different part numbers being cross-compatible (it's definitely possible) - RJ will be the best man to answer this question.

You could try suppliers in North America (FCP Euro, Autohauz etc.) Sterling should be pretty strong against the U.S. dollar it just depends on how much they will charge for postage/shipping

3. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

4. Matthew Walker New Member

Hi costel1969

Thanks for your reply and help. Yes it looks like I’m going to struggle getting new one at a cheap price. I didn’t realise how much these parts cost. Looking at Cressa post above I think that’s the cheapest I’ll get one for. And I’ll think I’ll play it safe and get the correct part number for my car.

thanks again for your help it’s appreciated

costel1969 likes this.
  5. Matthew Walker New Member

6. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Well done mate, a better deal than me. I always try to give back to a forum that I too benefit from. I initially replaced the in tank pump as I was told this was my only issue.... not true. So replacing the inline pump and regulator at the accumulator was a bad expense, but it fired up first time for me then. Refurbishing all of this did give me some satisfaction though
    20210801_103712.jpg

Rustbuster likes this.
  7. Matthew Walker New Member

Thank you again.

I’ll be sure to do the same too. Passing on help and knowledge is what forums are all about. I’ve been a member of a few forums and by far this is the most helpful.:thumbup:

Fingers crossed mine looks as good as your, you have done a belting job on it.

:clap:

8. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Nothing a good clean can't sort. With the help of some silver paint, meyle rubber brushes and stainless nuts and bolts. Another expense in that area was a replacement pipe too. It got too expensive for my liking. I have a spare that I considered refurbing but don't believe anyone would consider buying it after due to the cost of the parts, shame really as it is not needed now.
    Good luck with sorting yours

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  9. Matthew Walker New Member

Thanks everyone for you help.

Just got to tighten everything up before I fit it
    Today. Finger crossed it starts first time.

Attached Files:

10. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

You should be proud of that. Anyone who has done it appreciates the cost and time involved. I hope it went well for you

11. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Very nice work a job well done there .
    Hopefully E10 fuel doesn’t eat all our K-jet cars fuel systems , not that any of my cars will see any fuel in the near future :cry::thumbup::thumbup:

12. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Did she start?

13. Matthew Walker New Member

didn’t go quite to plan :(

Ended up breaking the pipe on the outlet of the fuel filter because it had rusted so much. Looks like it’s going to be hard to source a new one.

14. Matthew Walker New Member

Thank you refitting it’s didn’t go quite as planned and i made more work for myself I ended up damage the outlet pipe to the fuel filter. hopefully I can have a repair our source a new one and then will see if it starts or not

15. Matthew Walker New Member

0062117A-292B-4966-90AE-3DD57678AE39.jpeg 24A76126-062D-4053-B208-45C2E192A995.jpeg 49ACCA0C-2BEC-4DD5-ABCF-788E3BD590CA.jpeg Hi all

The saga continues.

I finally got the pipe repaired at my local hydraulic place and fitted it today.

but as always with me nothing straight forward the car started up but fuel was leaking out from the top of the pump casing. I checked the pipe and the were tight so I ended up removing the unit again and after doing a crude leak test it looks like I have a leak on the pump casing at the top were both the blue fuel lines go into the case. (See picture).

I know you can’t get a new casing unless you want to buy a metal one for mega money.

it’s leaking from the seem that looks like it was originally plastic welded.

Has anyone ever repair one buy plastic welding it or know where I can get one (I’ve search eBay for a scraper)

TIA

16. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

I do have a spare at home. I can post a pic when I get back in a couple of days if you dont sort anything else.

Matthew Walker likes this.
  17. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

That’s rotten luck. I tried a repair on one of these using epoxy resin. It did work for a while but eventually the petrol that was being sealed in by the epoxy got the better of it and it just lifted off. I’d try plastic welding. There is a product called “Petrol Patch” but not sure if it’s for metal tanks so may be no good on plastic?

Matthew Walker likes this.
  18. Matthew Walker New Member

19. Matthew Walker New Member

Hi rustbuster.

I know it’s just my luck at the moment. [:v:]

I’ve had a go at plastic welding it but think I might have a couple of pin hole still so I’m going to have another go today.

I’ve seen a product called quikseel for repairing plastic fuel tanks so I might use that too as a temporary fix.

thanks for your help :thumbup:

Rustbuster likes this.
  20. Matthew Walker New Member

hi Cressa

that would be great if you could thanks.

I don’t think I would be a 100 % confident with a temp repair.

thanks again.
    :thumbup: