K-Jetronic Fuel Distributor productivity of a kr

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by ivanro_jo, May 5, 2015.

1. ivanro_jo Forum Member

Hello, I would like to know the productivity of the oem fuel distributor head of a kr, bosch part number 0 438 100 140.

I found this link in the forum but it doesnt appear the distributor of the kr.

http://www.ffp.fi/index.php?mid=2&pid=104

Thanks a lot!

2. ivanro_jo Forum Member

nobody knows?

3. jamesa Forum Junkie

I do not know the specification / productivity but from personal experience it is sufficient for 170 - 200 bhp.

4. ivanro_jo Forum Member

with oem air metering? or with other one?

5. jamesa Forum Junkie

Yes ... OEM air metering.

6. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

From reading many different threads it does look possible to attain 200 bhp from Kjet but it takes a lot of work .
    Much easier from an ABF or 20v turbo and cheaper
    I want to get 200bhp from a 2.0 KR block and keep it looking as original as possible hence expensive VWMS bits ,bored and stroked bottom ends , race cams,ported head etc etc

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

While I cannot answer what is the fuel flow capability of the KR metering head, with respect to delivering the correct mixture composition in a heavily modified or standard 16v engine, I can point to a few examples tested and shared here with the forum.

Paul Haslem aka trackcab16v runs k-jet on his cabby 2.1 16v. I tested this car to reproduce the result he achieved the year before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car from the 'How to ABF your Mk2 Golf' was tested some years ago after a small road tune and achieved:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car ran the original KR metering head from 89 and it was pretty capable for fueling a stock ABF long engine. In fact it still runs to this very day.

So based on my testing and dyno differences aside, I would say the KR metering head can run fuel control from the stock 139bhp right up to just over 200 bhp.

:thumbup:

8. ivanro_jo Forum Member

I dont want to get 200 bhp or other number, I have an abf kjet almost stock, but I want to upgrade the air metering and to optimise engine with this set up the problem is Im not sure if my fuel metering (kr) will produce enough fuel for the new amount of air.

The WMS gr A (kr) used a similar air metering with a fuel metering which has a productivity of 256 cm3/min.

Toyotec which set up do you use in that car 'How to ABF your Mk2 Golf' ? I mean co and system and control preassure.

I dont have the posibility to use a dyno to comparison, so I have to believe on my butt dyno lol which complicates ajusting of the car a lot.

Thanks a lot for the answers!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  9. vwp6n Forum Member

Interesting thread, I don't have any data for fuel head flow but I know the setup on my car can't do anymore, last year when it was on the dyno the best AFR reading we could get with adjusting the pressures and static CO was 13.5.

Ideally we were looking to have 12.5 AFR but couldn't improve mine anymore, this year I will be trying again with an uprated metering head and also going to do back to back tests with a Porsche metering bowl which is the same spec as the VWMS setup.

Do you have any AFR graphs for those cars Eddie?

10. ivanro_jo Forum Member

I have read ( some milton's post I think) that this kind of engines get the max power arround AFR 13 in spite of 12.5 so not so bad, what air metering do you use, oem one?

11. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

I've got one of the VWMS fuel metering heads in bits I'll try and post some pictures of it next week and maybe side by side with a standard cast steel fuel metering head :thumbup:

Just a point about the VWMS air head having the extra doughnut weight on its underside .

12. ivanro_jo Forum Member

It will be great! I will thank you so much! Will be also very interesting to know the diferences of fuel productivity between both but quite hard to know.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  13. vwp6n Forum Member

Have read different reports on best AFR, time will tell as I am due back on the dyno in April, I am currently waiting on my uprated metering head back from KMI, the metering head was a standard KR setup but is currently getting a +20% upgrade. Had chased all the other parts first, fuel pump, so looking forward to another try with kjet.

All the info over the years is very vague at times, be good to know really what the difference was with the VWMS unit,

14. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

NASP between 13.2 and 12.5 for best torque, all other adjustments optimum.

16v around 13-12.8.

trackcab16v's and VR6wals's cars had profiles like a bowl. Around max torque 13-12.4:1 and at post 6000 - 6400 rpm started to ramp out to 14.0 to stoich.