K reg Mk2 Golf! Info!

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by baz_mk_2, Apr 13, 2004.

1. baz_mk_2 Forum Member

Been seeing this White 16v K reg mk2 going round for ages in my area! Even worked out where the dude lived as i was quite interested as to why it was on a K plate,

Anyways today im headed down the beach and theres 2 mk2's parked up, so i park up next to them and spend the next hour talking to them about all kindsa wierd stuff! then i notice its the WHITE mk2 on a K plate?? [:s]
    I asked the guy and he said he brought it 1 week ago off his mate who lives up the road (So at least i still know where it lives)
    He said its a late one apparently with all the extras (But he didnt know much about dubs at all.

I know theres a J plate as theres a few about, but i thought that was it? Could this be a rare one? Or just half a mk2 and half a mk3 :lol:

Anyone have a K plate Mk2?
    CHeers
    bz

2. grantmk4 Forum Member

mk3's came out at mk3 so could have been when it was registered. My auntie has a corsa which is an X-reg but an old shape which technically doesnt happen but it was sat at the garage for a while or used on trade plates as a lease car or something. Could be that?

3. OSV

OSV Forum Member

There are a few late registered MK2 cars on a K plate, most seem to be white 5 door, not quick sellers, old stock.

4. StefanVW Forum Member

yep k could be a late 92 aswell... It just sat unregistered for a while.... I've even heard of L reg Mk2's....

5. baz_mk_2 Forum Member

L reg, jesus thats awesome! Thats the explanation then, Yeah his was 5dr white, Love to see an L reg Mk2, K doesnt look right! [:D]

6. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

baz?

Which area is that? u talking about the beach means probably not this areea (stoke/staffs)

But when i have been down mid vw, he has had a white k plate golf down there (mk2) and it had a 20vt conversion in it though.....

Rich

7. Dubya Forum Junkie

Have you ever seen these massive parking lots full of brand new cars?

Brand new cars can sit for 2 or more years before they are actually sold!

8. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

I've seen a k reg white Golf GTI around here in Redditch several times. my 1992 jetta missed the k plate by around 6 weeks [:^(]

9. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

Baz is talkin bout the beach on the South Coast, near Portsmouth

10. Rallye Forum Junkie

seen a rallye on a S plate

11. baz_mk_2 Forum Member

Yeah Toz knows the score
    South coast side ;) Aiiiiiii

Pretty kool tho, freaked me out for a long time! Wanna get an L reg Mk2! :lol: :lol:

12. Pike Forum Member

I've got a mate who's got a US spec 8v on a K, he's in the USAF, the car is well travelled, made in mexico, bought in the UK.
    I think I'm right in saying that the MK3 was out later in the US

13. gordy Forum Member

there's a red 2 door k plate that comes to our harrogate meet...k regs are fully loaded as well as they used up all the bits they had left before the mk3 came out

14. superden Forum Addict

[​IMG]

South coast saaaa eeeeed :lol:

15. Andy_T4 Forum Member

There's been K reg Mk2's for sale in the Midland Auto Trader 2 weeks running - a red one last week, a blue one the week before.

16. hayesey Forum Junkie

17. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I've seen a few K plate mk2's about. but never a T plate polo!!

Seen an L plate Nova too.

18. i want i want i want i want

19. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Paid Member Paid Member

Its nothing unusually to have over run of cars!
    There still selling the MK4 Golf longside the MK5.

Theres 2 K Reg MK2's in the Wilmslow area, on being red who goes past my work most days!

20. tallika_fan

tallika_fan Forum Member

There's a guy in town (Northwich) that has a K plate Mk2, reg is K16 DUB, or something to that effect.

According to him they were the last ones, fully loaded with a 16v lump. Not seen it personally though he's coming to inters with us in it