K03 vs T3 etc.??

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by ShaunyC, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ShaunyC

ShaunyC Forum Member

Hi people..
    i'm fitting a AEB engine in my mk1 and getting to the point where i need to change exhaust manifold and turbo to transverse..
    Looking on ebay i came across stanless manifolds reasonable price but they all had T3 flange.??
    Which turns out be a garrett Flange.? i did realy want to find K03s turbo but can't find a stainless manifold at reasonable price.. Can anyone shed a little light on the subject..?? i.e. will the garett system fit.? how easy.? which is more cost affective.? does the conversion down pipe from Qpeg fit.? is a stainless manifold realy worth it.?
    Any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanx Shaun

2. ShaunyC

ShaunyC Forum Member

Hahaha.. sorry Sir.! lol
    Am quite impressed there wasn't as many spelling mistakes, lol

I'm not aiming for silly HP just 2-250ish, maybe 3 in time..? It's all about the corners for me :)
    The car is gona stay as stripped as poss, it's gona mainly be a toy for track use with abit of road use..

Thanx Shaun

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I have a K03s on a transverse manifold if this helps. Various other things also - PM if interested.

4. Admin Guest

Not those 100 T3 manifolds?
    [​IMG]

Nice door stop if nothing else. Need extra bracing to take the weight of the turbo and are likely to crack with age, albeit quickly.

5. HidRo Forum Member

Search for an ATP clone manifold. Under 100 and cast, so less likely to break :p

6. ShaunyC

ShaunyC Forum Member

Haha.. yea they was the one's Jon, that looks a pretty good one, lol..
    Thanx HidRo i had a look at ATP.. couldn't find one for less than 100 tho.?? then it lead me to look at JBS one's but in the end i was reading in my eye's to many bad thing's i.e cracking, flow better than turbo can cope so no point, (unless dusbin size, lol), lot's arguing about the 10bhp gain.. and one of the main gain's i thought of stainless manifold is weight reduction..?? so overall made me think not realy worth it..

Thanx Shaun

7. HidRo Forum Member

8. ShaunyC

ShaunyC Forum Member

Thanx for the link..
    Arr right.. so this for a t3 flange i was looking for K03 transverse type.. What other implications are there of fittining a t3 flanged turbo..??

Thanx Shaun

9. HidRo Forum Member

Arghh, sorry. I missed that piece of information...
    Well, you have to get a T3 turbo, possibly a external wastegate if the turbo does not come with one, do the downpipe for it, and maybe change some oil/water lines. Bigger turbo, bigger injectors and remap.