K26 Turbo - any use?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Mike_H, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

A mate of mine broke his old 200 Quattro Turbo, with a 10v 2.2 lump and K26 turbo. Are they any use for a conversion on a 2.0 8v or 2.0 16v? He was asking me if it was worth trying to sell off the bits.

He's got 2x 5 cyl manifolds which could be cut and shut down to 8v too, if needed.

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

Thanks Ceri. I've no idea what that map means [:D] but if these turbos are still worth something, I'll post an ad up, as he needs the cash. I'm on a couple of Audi Forums too.

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

you need to see what the map tells you in terms of flow (cfm hopefully)

then compare that to the engine you want to fit it to, what its flow will be at high revs (swept capacity and revs)

figure out who pressure that turbot is capable of supplying at those revs

im sure if youre really clever you can even work out what sort of bhp it could produce

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Yeah, I was really interested to know if they were usable on any common conversions, as a guide to whether it's worth selling it for my mate. As Ceri points out, there could well be demand for it as a replacement on someone's Audi. I expect it's far too big for my TDI, so I'm out ;)

5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I have the an S2, K24 on mine. K26 is similar. Manifold will fit if you chop the 5th leg off. Need to study the map to see how it compares. I think it has a larger compressor but doesn't spool up so well.

6. mk216vrick Forum Member

will the inlet be the sought after one that is used on the 16vt with the fifth runner chopped off also?

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

It's a 10v engine, so I reckon it would fit an 8v rather than a 16v, with the runner chopped off and welded.

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

So maybe more power but a bit more laggy?

9. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I think more laggy and less power in comparison to the k24 7000. As it seems to flow more looking at the map. Although compressor map doesn't show turbine housing for lag.

[​IMG]

Get some pics of manifold up. Should be able to see if any differences compared to what i have fitted to the ABF if any.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011