Keep getting fault code 00281

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by Sully114, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sully114 Forum Member

Hi after being a numpty and blocking off my crankcase breather my car keeps throwing the below code:

1 Fault Found:
    00281 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (G68)
    03-00 - No Signal

Also the car is idling high when cold so im thinking theres also a prob with the ISV. Could the two be related somehow and where is the vehicle speed sensor on VR and also ISV.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

VSS is the speedo sense, so the one on the gearbox. if your speedo works that means its the connection from the clocks to the ecu thats gone somewhere. look behind the fusebox for a blue jumper block, with blue/white wires. make sure the blue/white wire to your stereo isnt earthed somewhere as well.

3. Sully114 Forum Member

hmm its funny you say that because my amp has intermittent problem at the moment where sometime it will it will send sound to my 6x9s and sometime it doesnt so definatly a short there somewhere, will investigate tongiht. My speedo works but my mfa lcd is damaged but does displays the readout better on the odd occasion, so def sounds like i got a wiring prob.

4. Sully114 Forum Member

Was checking round wiring this morning and noticed the single blue wire thats attatched to a single pin connector going to gearbox had snapped. Do you think this could be the cause of the code?

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

that single wire is the charge trigger wire for the alternator, if the alt isnt charging it could cause some odd issues i guess if the voltage is a bit low