Kjet Fuel Flow Adjustment

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Peter Sears, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Peter Sears

Peter Sears Paid Member Paid Member

I am having trouble getting the Fuel Flow Volume balanced for all four injectors, I have fitted 4 New Injectors and replace the O Rings on the Adjustment Screws I have set them all at 1 1/2 out from fully closed but numbers 1 and 4 are giving twice the flow of 2 and 3. Is there a simple way of arriving at balanced flow and which way increases flow on the screws ??
    Any help / advice would be appreciated

2. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

3. watercooled Forum Member

I have the same system but on an ABF, unsure why you have mentioned adjustment ??,these are mechanical injectors that the fuel pressure opens and closes due the pressure applied to them by the metering head (fuel distributor ) and volume controlled by the air flow on the flap.
    Not sure about the screws you mentioned ? only one I tune for correct idle is in the one in the throttle body,I might suggest you have an issue with your metering head,if you have a uneven delivery the engine would run rather lumpy....surely?.
    Happy to be corrected as I have a long history with large mechanical injectors on the ships I worked on but not these.
    Cheers.

4. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

Next to where the fuel line joins the metering head there is an Allan key dust cap. If you remove those you will have access to the adjustment screws. These only alter the balance not the overall delivered volume. Therefore adjusting one will adjust delivery at all four injectors so be prepared for some fiddling about to get them spot on. From memory, early metering heads don’t have this adjustment so that would be a recon of the metering head in full. Good luck.

5. 2swe Forum Member

is it K or KE jetronic ? 8v, 16V ?
    turning adjusting screws clockwise on K-jetronic fuel distributor adds the fuel, while on KE-jetronic with adjusting screws in bottom part of distibutor clockwise turning removes fuel.
    I'm not sure about your base setting (1 1/2 from full stop), finding where exactly is "full stop" depends on how much force you use, and you can damage the diaphragm between fuel distributor halves easily..

6. Peter Sears

Peter Sears Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for the replies it is a 16v GTI with the Kjet System I spent most of yesterday measuring and adjusting the screws and have now got all four flows within 5% of each other I just thought there may have been a technical way of doing the job rather than trial and error !!

7. 2swe Forum Member

10 year back when I used to fiddle witk K-jet, I used 2mm allen key, 10 and 19mm nuts between air metering flap and cone, So I could measure the flow at these exact positions.
    these numbers should get you in the ballpark.
    2mm - 14ml/min each injector
    10mm - 77ml/min
    19mm - 165ml/min

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ambrose89 and Cressa like this.
  8. watercooled Forum Member

Thanks ,you learn something ever day eh.