Kjetronic pressure tester wanted

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Cressa, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

So, does anyone have one i could borrow for a couple of months.......
    Or recommend a good one
    I'm going to attempt taking my metering head apart and refurbishing it in the next couple of weeks, so any pointers, good threads or advice greatly appreciated.
    Zender how is your set up going?
    All for my mk2 8v GTI, Gwendoline the golf

2. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Not for the faint hearted... I stopped after it was dismantled, the plan is to at the very least replace the perishables such as rubber rings etc. but was going to leave final re-assembly until the engines in and ready to run so as to be able to check things.

Plus side is that from what I can see nigh on everything that may need replacing is being remanufactured... down side is it's at a price.

I'll stick up a piccie of all the bits laid out to give you an idea what's inside, probably put you off!

There are loads of sites and vids out there, I'd definitely recommend you properly getting your head around what to do before starting, very easy to make an expensive mistake.

This guy's Youtube vids are good if you're wanting to understand K-jet in more general terms, alot of it is as equally applicable to what's in our cars - 'Mercedessource'

A recent one warns / talks in particular about the cheapy pressure testers currently available.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you can ge kits off ebay, but you're probably just as well making your own one all you need is a gauge, tap and barbed -> threaded/banjo fittings. if you can find a selection of scrap kjet hoses you could chop out the threaded fittings from those

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

or maybe pop down local hydraulics place and bring the metering head, the fuel line from front of metering head to WUR, gauge and tap they should be able to sort you

Cressa likes this.
  5. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I think eventually the K-Jets will get converted to efi or bike carbs.

I did mine probably 20 years ago (MegaSquirt EFI conversion), tried Digi1 but could never get it spot on.

6. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

7. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Now that looks a lot of parts
    Let the battle commence. Lousy weather so may as well make a start with it all

Attached Files: